Re: TWC Sports Net?
Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1
I'm losing patience really quick Verizon, you better hurry up and get TWC Sports Net!!!!!!
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Well it seems as if time is almost done and still no real response from FIOS.

If no deal is reached this weekend, i will be canceling monday and going with TWC.

I will see laker games this year.

My condolences to those of you that are still in contract. Luckily mine ran out a couple of months ago and i have not re-upped for this very reason.

I would hate to go  to TWC but there really isn't a logical reason for me to stay at this point. It would be cheaper because i would be in my first contract and i would have lakers and probably a free movie channel as well. Plus the pac-12 channel as well.

I would have to be a dummy to stay with fios. Fios is asking me to pay more for lesser programming and this is something I refuse to do.

Good luck to you all.

Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1
You gotta do what you gotta do. I am not happy about possibly switching to TWC but it looks like Verizon is giving me no choice.
ByeVERlZ0N
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I went around and around trying to figure out if verizon will carry the new Laker channel TMC SportsNet. But now the real Laker season starts this Tuesday and I called time warner this morning and they scheluded to hook me up this Monday so I can now watch the Lakers play all games home & away games all season! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm under no contract even with my bill being about 20 bucks lower and I'm not held hostage by a 2 year agreement. You guys need to call and setup a appointment if you wanna see the opening game this season if your not under contract. Good luck my fellow Laker friends, I do hope verizon gets everything fixed for those of you that cant switch yet. I can't wait to watch the opening season Laker game is this Tuesday!!!

It's been a good run... bye verizon.

blueprint012
I am extremely disappointed in Fios in not getting this deal done. I am under contract also.

If it werent for the blazing fast internet the service provides i would have cancelled long ago.

Please get this deal done asap Fios.

I would hate to spend $180 on nba league pass just to watch the Lakers play.
0 Likes
BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ blupeint012 & Others too,
Be aware that the LAKERS games are blacked out for all of us in Los Angeles/Orange County (So-Cal) even if you buy a subscription to NBA's League Pass. Don't make the mistake like I did! I subscribed to it last season only to find that both away and home games were blacked out. Oh and my speed at TimeWarner is 30, I can't remember if my verizon was 30 or 35... I'm running 3 computers, 2- TiVo boxes, MagicJack with the internet and wifi a laptop, 2-Roku boxes, Nook Color and I see no slow down or pixelation. In the future if verizon can beat TimeWarner's price and offers the TMC Sports Net channel without a contract then I may be very interested in returning but as of now I am very happy watching the Lakers play. Good luck all.

GO LAKERS!!!!

blueprint012
Its blacked out even on NBA league pass internet?

Is there a streaming option available?
0 Likes
BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ blueprint012,
Yes it's blackout for So-Cal on the internet NBA League Pass both away and home games. I even picked other teams as my FAVs like OKC so when they played the LAKERS I could maybe watch it but it too was blackout. As far as streaming it goes, there were websites that allowed me to watch the game after it was over (like 24hrs later) but the quality was bad and would skip and hang up. Now that TWC Sports Net own the rights I'm sure there will be less people willing to upload the game for peeps to watch over the net. Good luck all.

GO LAKERS!!!!

0 Likes
Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1
Try streaming on Firstrowsports.eu
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like fios can't use the TWC excuse anymore.

Charter got a deal done

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-lakers-charter-20121026,0,5417625.stor...

Not sure about the numbers but Charter is small like Fios in terms of market share over here but i am guessing since fios is backed by verizon they would have more cash to spend.

No more excuses Fios.