Telemundo Spanish HD Channel 510
TheOCfrmOntario

Last weekend, Telemundo Spanish HD channel 510 was out in my area.  The channel is now working, but the broadcast signal is now shown as a digital picture instead of HD. 

Does any Verizon Tech know if this channel will be broadcast in HD again?

0 Likes
Re: Telemundo Spanish HD Channel 510
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's on channel 512 in my area. It's always in HD but if the program is not in widescreen, it will be 4:3, if that's what you mean.
0 Likes
cactusleon
Enthusiast - Level 1

its 512 in my area too, im assuming the only reason its not widescreen (HD) is because the shows are not yet shot in HD

but another question regaurding this, i see this channel just got added, were any other new HD channels added,  whenever they are we are not notified or there is no way to tell they added anything new unless we stumble upon it 

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
When they added WNJU HD, they also added WNJN HD at 523 and WNJN2 at 476. They also recently added Hallmark Movie Channel SD at 239. You are right, we just have to stumble upon them. Verizon does a very bad job in notifying us of new adds. You would think after going through all the trouble of adding them, they would want people to know, but they don't. I keep on top of it, so I know, but the average Joe wouldn't.
0 Likes
cactusleon
Enthusiast - Level 1
yeah, they do send messages rarely but are mostly unimportant, i had one today about dvr which i dont even have, and when they added the viacom channels i think i may have been notified almost a week later
0 Likes
TheOCfrmOntario

Channel 510 in my area which is in Southern California has always been shown in HD, but for some reason, the broadcast is now being shown as a digital picture.

I called Verizon and they are following up to determine why the broadcast signal is now shown as a digital picture. 

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
What do you mean by a "digital picture?" HD is digital. Do you mean digital SD in 480i??
0 Likes
TheOCfrmOntario

Channel 510 in my service area is supposed to be shown as HD 1080i is now being shown as SD 480i.  I am not receiving the channel in HD.  I am only having problems with this HD channel.  The other HD channels that I have are okay.

0 Likes
cactusleon
Enthusiast - Level 1
are u sure that its not just because the programs arent filmed in HD?
0 Likes