Tennis Channel and Customer Service
LoveFiosWhenWk
Enthusiast - Level 3

My saga continues.  Let me first start out by saying that I divorced DIRECTV to come to Verizon.  So far with the exception of your customer service,  the marriage has been great.  I was watching the Tennis Channel last on Sunday; the Mutua Madrid Open was scheduled to start on Monday.  Imagine, my outrage, when I saw “you are not subscripted to the Tennis Channel” popup on my TV screen.  This took me back to 2011 when Verizon and the Tennis Channel were battling and I could only see the U.S. Open on CBS and ESPN. 

When I phone Verizon on Monday, I was informed there was a program outage and that my service would be restored on Monday night.  That did not happen.  Same song and dance on Tuesday.  On my third day of calling I was finally informed that my current package was outdated no longer carried the Tennis Channel, but if I switched to another plan, for an additional fee, I could get the Tennis Channel.  Reluctantly, I did.  I was assured by Samaritan, that the Tennis Channel would be available in 5 minutes.  It wasn't’t and still isn't’t.  Today, when I spoke to Mike, he informed that the programming change was scheduled to take place on 5/8/13.  At this writing and when I spoke to Mike it was 5/8/13.  Once informed Mike that it indeed now 5/8/13.  He then informed me that Central Time on 5/8/13, that programming was set up for.  Samantha also informed me that my programming was outdated and was no longer offered.  I asked about the 99.00 plan that was being offered on your website for new customers, but she said that I did not qualify for the plan.  What am  I chopped liver?  If I am on a plan that does not exist, why can’t I get the special that is being offered to new customer.  I did not have an agreement in place?

Verizon, I am irate with all the runaround, and all the “is there something I can help you with” when I have not received any help in the first place.  I am at a loss as to why does the recording ask you for your account information, when the representative finally gets on the phone, they start over and ask for the very same account information, then when, they pass you to another department, I again have to provide my account information.  Yes, my frustration is mounting.

The bottom line is your customer service stinks; you don’t deliver when you say you are.  And if I was not still angry with DIRECTV, I would go back to them.  My search continues for a cable company that offers actual customer service.  When I find a new cable company that has the Tennis Channel and appears to be somewhat reliable, beware Verizon!

Sad Customer

Meta Fitzgerald

Re: Tennis Channel and Customer Service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Tennis Channel and Customer Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Unfortunately we hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case.

We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assitance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into it.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes