The Escape Channel
CityGal15

What is going on with the Escape Channel and Verizon Fios?

0 Likes
Re: The Escape Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you be more specific?

Are you asking for a channel to be added?

Or was it working and now it is not?

0 Likes
CityGal15

The Escape Channel was originally part of the Fios lineup, then they dropped it and brought it back.  Now it's listed in the guide, but when I click onto it, it says negotiations are going on between Verizon and Escape (whatever that means). 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon never directly offered the Escape Network(channel).  Its another case of a local TV station that was carrying it but has dropped it.

0 Likes
Machete1

Just about to ask the same question. Been off for weeks now but the Escape website still says that it is on 486 for FIOS. Grit is gone too.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located?

I know in Balt and DC area there has been some channel consolidations and they have dropped some sub channels.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Grit has been discussed for Baltimore/DC area. 

It and Escape channel ARE NOT CARRIED directly in any location.  They are subchannels that some local station in your area may have carried.  It is that local station you need to complain with.  Verizon just carries them as part of their carriage of your local stations. 

Occassionally one local may drop such subchannels, and another one may pick it up.  In such cases its usually just a matter of some time for that station to show up on Verizon, as arrangements have to be made to pick up that local feed.

One bad policy of Verizon is that rarely will talk about such channels and "if and when" they will be carried again.

0 Likes
Machete1

I'm in upstate NY. VHO 5 I believe. 

0 Likes
Machete1

Escape and Grit are again being broadcast in QAM but not on the guide. Get TV also. Verizon's TV service quality has certainly declined with it's poor picture quality and channels missing from the guide. I'm almost sorry I renewed my contract.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Surprising that they have added to QAM but not on guide. I am guessing it should be fairly soon before added to guide/stb.

Have you tried support?

I find twitter helpful @verizonsupport

0 Likes