The Sorry State of VerizonFIOS Widgets
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

It now seems that there is no AP widget at all, and that the one remaining news widget -- sports -- doesn't feel obliged to have a source at all. If it's not AP, is it Reuters? Is it Verizon News? Is it ESPN? Where is the info coming from? 

The AP widget was a huge selling point for Verizon FIOS.

Verizon really does seem to be sticking it to its FIOS customer base as it invests more deeply in its wireless broadband service.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The Sorry State of Verizon's Widgets
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly! We rely on it, and it was taken away without notice. Prices are being jacked up as we lose services. And yes,  doesn't anyone from Verizon read these boards? There is another thread about the AP but that had to do with difficulty in getting widgets to work, not with it being eliminated. I know wire services are pricey for newspapers to subscribe to; I'm guessing it's the same here ---Verizon is cost-cutting, cancelling services while raising prices a little at a time. A dollar here, a dollar there. Universal gone, Funimation, and now the AP widget.

I will not mark this contribution or any other as solving the problem until the AP widget is returned -- that's what I bought when I signed up, not a carousel of shopping widgets.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

I agree I have been posting since the end of February regarding the AP widget.  This is the most valuable service on the widget that a lot of customers rely on and save time checking the worldwide news, etc. On an updated  timely basis. There have been a lot of posts regarding the AP widget but still no reply or answer has been given to the Loyal Valued Verizon Customers by Verizon.  I am not the only one who misses this service there are tons of customers complaining about the loss of the AP widget.

We are still left in the dark; but they have no problem increasing our rates on a regular basis. Verizon Are You Really Listening to Your Customers Regarding the AP Widget?

ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly! We rely on it, and it was taken away without notice. Prices are being jacked up as we lose services. And yes,  doesn't anyone from Verizon read these boards? There is another thread about the AP but that had to do with difficulty in getting widgets to work, not with it being eliminated. I know wire services are pricey for newspapers to subscribe to; I'm guessing it's the same here ---Verizon is cost-cutting, cancelling services while raising prices a little at a time. A dollar here, a dollar there. Universal gone, Funimation, and now the AP widget.

I will not mark this contribution or any other as solving the problem until the AP widget is returned -- that's what I bought when I signed up, not a carousel of shopping widgets.

0 Likes
Re: The Sorry State of VerizonFIOS Widgets
johncougar
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ekelks wrote:

It now seems that there is no AP widget at all, and that the one remaining news widget -- sports -- doesn't feel obliged to have a source at all. If it's not AP, is it Reuters? Is it Verizon News? Is it ESPN? Where is the info coming from? 

The AP widget was a huge selling point for Verizon FIOS.

Verizon really does seem to be sticking it to its FIOS customer base as it invests more deeply in its wireless broadband service.

the computer you are using to post this complaint...why cant you use that same computer to go to APs website and get your news? who uses widgets for news anyway?

ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

Sure I can go to AP's website and their YouTube channel and read the newspaper -- that is not the point.

We bought something that we're no longer getting and we weren't told in advance that we would not be getting it.

Actually, sometimes if I didn't want to wait for my computer to boot up, and the TV news was slow to break a story, I did find breaking news on the wire service with the widget.

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

i like AP widget i dont get my newspaper anymore raising costs for these things are nice to see in the widget environment

fiosfan#1

0 Likes