The Weather Channel: Local on the 8's in HD
FlyingRon

I guess I should be happier than most, the SD Weather Channel gets a Washingon Metro local-on-the-eights insertion.

However the HD version of the weather channel gets the generic national version.

What gives?

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel: Local on the 8's in HD
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1

Good question I have wondered the same thing

0 Likes
steveng32
If any one actually see this. I don't see the boat beach report on the weather channel. During this time of year it is assumed that there are no boaters still going out, but we still do go out. The tides, moon phases, water temps, that you usually supply in that forecast is useful all year  round. Maybe you can add it in the roataion?
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

The HD version only supplies a generic version of the local forecasts at this time. This is what the Weather Channel says about this issue;

"The technology to produce a detailed Local on the 8s in High Definition is currently under development. We expect to make available a completely re-designed Local on the 8s in HD with a new look and new content in early 2009. In the interim, you will receive the same Local on the 8s that you have been getting in standard definition from your existing provider."

0 Likes