Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
Astcrw28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be canceling my Verizon subscription if the Weather Channel is not brought back. Accuweather is a joke compared to the services the Weather Channel gives to the public. Furthermore, why was there no prior information given about this?

cblue42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had no notice until an email today. It's very annoying! I've been watching Weather Channel for over 20 years and while I have felt it's gone downhil some I still find very helpful when I am at home wanting storm information. I've been increasingly annoyed with Verizon FIOS - with all the widgets and offers that flash on my screen when I'm trying to just watch TV. Not everyone has a smart tv or wants to use widgets. Dropping TWC is just one more reason for me to consider moving back to Comcast. If I could turn back the clock I would have not switched.

rminnehan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am **bleep** that Verizon has chosen not to renew their agreement with the Weather Channel. They were more than just a weather forecasting channel and just the same the people they had on that channel were another reason to like the channel. I am **bleep**. COMCAST? ARE YOU OUT THERE? DO YOU HAVE THE WEATHER CHANNEL? I'LL BE CALLING. 

Sudden removal of Weatherscan - channel 49
Thomdi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring weatherscan back!... We really don't care about the weather in Boise, Idaho or how much new powder appeared overnight in Jackson Hole, Wyoming or what wicked Tuna are doing in the Gulf of Alaska.  We live in NEW JERSEY. What most of us want is the LOCAL weather and RADAR! The weatherscan format has a proven fifteen year record with no commercials (that's probably the problem) and no talking heads. If FIOS can create a similar format with only local weather and radar appearing in a nonstop scrolling manner, I guess that would work. Please, please listen to your subscribers and give the people what they want....Thanks!

Re: Weather Channel
BigMike62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good decision Jevcat.

It's amazing how many people turn their backs on The Weather Channel when they have been providing life saving weather reporting for 30+ years.  The thing that people should be upset about is their TV provider taking away choices and not reducing the cost.  I don't like the golf channel so guess what, I don't watch it.  But I'm sure there are millions of people that do like it. 

The Weather Channel
DougPA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received email that FiOS is not renewing The Weather Channel.  They used as an excuse that people get their weather from the internet, etc., these days.  I guess these decision makers have never actually *watched* The Weather Channel, or they would know that the channel has a lot of original programming that many of us enjoy.  Hopre they rethink this decision and renew TWC!

I want Weather Channel and Accuweather !!!
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
Not all of us "access weather information not only from a variety of online sources and apps" or care to use widgets. Verizon should be embarrassed, not pleased to drop these channels! Just because the snow is over for the season doesn't mean our desire to know what's happening meteorologically locally or nationally goes away ... grrrr !!!
The Weather Channel
DougPA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received email that FiOS is not renewing The Weather Channel.  They used as an excuse that people get their weather from the internet, etc., these days.  I guess these decision makers have never actually *watched* The Weather Channel, or they would know that the channel has a lot of original programming that many of us enjoy.  Hopre they rethink this decision and renew TWC!

TWC and Weatherscan Gone....in Florida...Seriously
TylerJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm all about making a profit but there are times when the accounting department shouldn’t run the business. Please bring back the real weather and save Accuweather for the phone apps.

I mean sheeesh Accuweather graphics don't even fit the screen correctly.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
dcar2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can believe that Verizon would drop the weather channel. I kept it on in the morning while getting ready for work. It has some news, local weather and some great stories. I am done with Verizon. They are certainly not the cheapest cable service, yet seem to constantly cut programming and services.