Re: Weather Channel
adicecream1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a Comcast ad in the mail yesterday.  Now two emails from Verizon:  They are raising my rates and dropping Weather Channel.  

I think it's a sign.

Re: I want Weather Channel and Accuweather !!!
Bbush1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree wholeheartedly. They also have some interesting & great shows. BRING IT BACK!
Re: TWC and Weatherscan Gone....in Florida...Seriously
Sambodhi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Verizon ...  Accuweather is a much inferior product and does not replace the Accuweather option I already had but didn't watch.  GIve me my moneys worth please. 

Re: The Weather Channel
rps57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously, a decision made by Verizon based on their profit, with little regard to what their customers think.  Both the channels they have removed deliver valuable content from a community safety standpoint too.  It is decisions like this that make Verizon one the least admired brands in the country.  The email they sent was interesting, acknowledging that huge numbers of people no longer use "cable" service.  Removing Weather Channel is the latest in Verizon decisions that drives me closer to cutting the cord also.

Verizon Loss of Weather Channel - Very disappointed.
BrianBall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I learned today that one of the  "foundational" and most useful channels delivered by cable services is being discontinued by Verizon - the Weather Channel is being cancelled and replaced by a new FIOS produced weather programming - probably because it cost's less to Verizon.  I'm very disappointed and wish I knew this before I renewed my Verizon subscription recently.  I'll be checking if I'm still within the cancellation period.  Verizon should have negotiated and got this one done with the Weather Channel.    Do I get a reduction in my monthly fees - you just reduced my programming?

I especially appreciate how Verizon seeks to explain away their loss of Weather Channel saying,  well... many people are getting their weather news and programming from other sources...   NO.. I pay significant fees to see this programming on my television through FIOS as do many other people I know...   nice try.  I can't wait for more competition in this communications space and will lobby for the same when I can.

Please change your decision here and negotiate to have the Weather Channel part of your standard lineup of programming going forward.

Brian. 

Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
rps57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously, a decision made by Verizon based on their profit, with little regard to what their customers think.  Both the channels they have removed deliver valuable content from a community safety standpoint too.  It is decisions like this that make Verizon one the least admired brands in the country.  The email they sent was interesting, acknowledging that huge numbers of people no longer use "cable" service.  Removing Weather Channel is the latest in Verizon decisions that drives me closer to cutting the cord also.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
rps57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wheres the money off my bill since you got rid of the Weather Channel?
aafd91
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, without asking your customers, you have gotten rid of the Weather Channel, and gave us a channel most of us didnt want? That being said, when am I going to see money taken off my bill for giving me something I didnt choose, and dont want?

Accuwetaher No Local Forecast!
jerryb53
Enthusiast - Level 3

0ver 400 channels and I can't my local forecast on any of them..Crazy. At least TWC had my local forecast. Accuweather nothing.

Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
TMPope1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100%!  It is underhanded to say THE LEAST for Verizon to make this change without any warning to their customers. 

Instead they send an email the day of the change to "explain" their reasoning.

I switched to Verizon TV last July and it has been a horrible experience right from the start - it took me 3 months to get the billing correct (and get the overcharges removed) and now they start taking away important channels!

Leaving of course all of the **bleep** reality shows and channels that are useless and crowd the channel guide.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND WEATHERSCAN - this is bad business and quite frankly a slimy move.