Re: Weather channel
SuburbanMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS has been steadily going downhill. Many channels are just a pixelated mess and support offers no solutions. Now the Weather Channel drop without any notice. Bye Bye Verizon!

Weather Cannel Gone!
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was a total surprise.  No notice whatsover from Verizon until the day it happened.  And replaced with something so inferior?

Hey VERIZON, your customers should have a say in your content decisions since we are the consumers of said content!

Bring back The Weather Channel NOW!  My bill seems to keep going up so I think you can certainly afford it!

I have been with Verizon FIOS since its inception in our neighborhood (almost 10 years).  It might be time for a change!

Re: Weather Channel
Woubbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, really stupid move.

Weather Channel has my favorite TV show!
cindyjk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my TV plan, the majority of the channels are junk that I don't watch at all. The one channel--The Weather Channel-- that has my favorite TV show, Prospectors, is now being canceled, yet all the useless channels remain. Why am I paying for TV service?? I'm now re-thinking the whole thing. Please Verizon, bring back The Weather Channel!!

Re: The Weather Channel
franko11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think your rational for taking the TWC of you progamming is rediculous!. You can get ACCUweather any wher. WTAE, you computer, your iphone. It is really not that unique when compared to the TWC. Also who wants to wait 5-10 minutes until the weather for your city come around again. Also your on your new channel sucks!!!. Its extremelypoor quaility. Also who wants to watch meteorogist popping in and out every 15secs. Its like watching a tennic match.PLEASE BRING BACK THE TWC, or I will seriously conside switching bavk to cable. You are getting to exspeniveanyway!

Re: The Weather Channel
carver4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with all the complains about accuweather it's not local does not give local updates etc. Our contract is nearing its end. my wife was fed up with problems we've been having and wanted to change to another provider now I agree so we also will be leavingverizon

somebody that has no real experience dealing with their customers have made this utterly stupid decision to just drop a program and try to justify the accuweather as a great replacement. verizon will save money dropping this series but also will lose money when customers leave like myself  GOODBYE FIOS

Disappointment in Verizon
SoSad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot express my disappointment in Verizon after receiving the below message.   Why would Verizon ever drop the Weather Channel, sure it’s to save money so I want to save also.   No drop in our bill noted in the letter below.   The Weather Channel is a huge part of so many people’s lives.   Verizon should NOT be pleased to launch AccuWeather as a replacement because it is not a replacement at all, does not compare to Weather Channel in any way.   Also, the "free" FIOS Mobile Apps have always been free, plus the Weatherbug "widget" is slow loading (all the widget are slow and pain to use) and never found them to be useful.

I have been with Verizon for must be over 10 years now and seen a terrible drop in customer service and in the overall Verizon customer servie a provider.   No concern on keeping current customers, get old seeing new customer getting deals and current customer bills just go up and you call Verizon and get that’s only for new customers.   Attitude from Verizon customer service, just leave, we don’t care.   Also, adding, I recevied the below message on the 10th @ 3:06AM and its starts on the 10th, really good customer support, NOT!     I'm NOT feeling like a "valued  Verizon customer".

Dear Valued Verizon Customer, 

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed.  In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps.  Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015.  Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

Re: Weather Channel has my favorite TV show!
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan (part of TWC package) every morning to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During the recent snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc. There is NO substitute for live radar anywhere else (insufficient on computer, phone app etc).   I am so upset and plan to post my complaints everywhere!!

Re: The Weather Channel Being Dropped
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Complete **bleep** and IMO a failure to abide to the two year agreement I have with them for the services I pay close to $300/mth for. No advance notice??? **bleep**, not a way to run a business.....
Re: Disappointment in Verizon
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan (part of TWC package) every morning to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During a  recent nearly day long snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc. I can when it is safe to go out based on approaching radar.  There is NO substitute for live radar anywhere else (insufficient on computer, phone app etc).   I am so upset and plan to post my complaints everywhere!!