The Weather Channel
DOA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removing "The Weather Channel" is a horrible decision.  The information provided on that station is invaluable, particularly during hurricane season and severe storm events.  The content of the replacement programing is ludicrous and totally useless!  I am profoundly disappointed and will begin searaching for an alternative provider but certainly hope Verizon reconsiders.

Re: Bring back the Weather channel.
rt19282
Enthusiast - Level 1

I miss Channel 49 as well.  It was very convenient, and actually a nice channel to switch to avoid annoying commercials.  

Re: RETURN "Live LOCAL Radar and 5 day forecast"
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I use Weatherscan channel everyday. Its the local part of the Weather Channel. I'm reallly disappointed Verizon has decided to drop this channel. Its really one of the few informative channels that is actually useful. My decision to stay with Verizon when my contract is up may have just a got a little easier to make in June.

Re: The Weather Channel
ebyfeline
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't believe my 2 letter abbreviation for cow manure was "Bleeped"!

0 Likes
garyJC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

SOOOOOO  DISAPPOINTED THAT TWC CONTRACT WAS NOT RENEWED!!!!!!!! THAT IS MY FAVORITE MORNING COFFEE PROGRAM. YOU SHOULD DO WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO RENEW FOR I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY MORE DISAPPOINTED VIEWERS !

lrowland200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like everyone else here I am very unhappy about them dropping TWC with no notice at all.  This is one of the three primary channels I watch and now it is gone without any notice. 

I am seriously considering dropping TV completely and daring them to charge me an ETF.  The package I paid for included TWC and it was one of the main reason I got TV.  for them to drop it like this is not right on so many levels.

Re: Weather Channel discontinued
crabbysam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be considering my options as well.

Verizon should do whats BEST for its subscribers and playing chicken with the Weather Channel (owned byNBC Universe, which is  owned by Comcast) doesnt sit well with me.

Verizon should have paid the license, then if not happy, build a Verizon Weather Channel better than The actual Weather Channel.

Accuweather is not the answer, they are a joke.

When Verizon wakes up and figures out building their own Weather channel costs more than just paying the going rate, they will start coming back to reality and not screw with their foundation lineup, and the Weather Channel is a cornerstone to basic programming.

Bring Back the Weather Channel
Tango449
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS without The Weather Channel is nowhere near worth what I pay for the service. Until now I have been happy with the service but this boneheaded move signals it's time to explore other options.

Bravo3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe Verizon is "moving in another direction" but I bet my bill won't.  Ridiculous that they would make such a move without input from who pays their bills, then on top of that sneaking it in to only announce it the day it happens but not adjust the rates they charge accordingly.  Shame on Verizon for such a low class move.

On the positive side, anyone who is looking for a job should apply at Comcast - I have a feeling they will be hiring a lot of customer service reps this year to handle the increased business!

The Weather Channel
aliannej
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disgusted that The Weather Channel has been replaced by Accuweather. This is not an acceptable substitution. I watched a few minutes of Accuweather and found that the pixelation was all messed up, the sound cut in and out, and the content was no better than what used to be on the WeatherBug channel. I viewed The Weather Channel as one of the core channels and was relied upon for comprehensive severe weather updates. Don't want to hear the blame game about whether it is Verizon's fault or the Weather Channel's fault. FIX IT!