Bring back the Weather Channel!
volleychic
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is absurd!  We were considering canceling cable and this is just pushing us closer to making that decision.  We really don't watch that many channels, but the Weather Channel was one that I watched!  I also don't have a "smart phone" or many other devices to check the weather, so I actually DID use my TV for the weather.  Accuweather is a joke!  It is awful!  Please bring the weather channel back or you will most likely lose a lot of customers!  Very disappointed!

WEATHER CHANNELS
dyson2
Enthusiast - Level 1

So upset that Verizon didn't renew agreement with Weather Channel 49, 119 & 619 HD.  We loved these channels to keep up updated on weather condiditons all day long.  Also, my husband loved to watch chanel 119's programming.   We don't download apps & we shouldn't be forced to.  My monthly bill is high enough without losing channels that we love to watch.  I suggest you reinstate these channels.

{edited for privacy}

Upset Customer

Re: The Weather Channel
rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live on Long Island NY and fish oir boat very ofthe. I depend on the weather channel which has invaluable information for local winds and weather conditions for my area unavailable on regular weather forecasts. Also the featured shows on the weather channel are very good and it is one of the top rated cable stations> without THE WEATHER CHANNEL I do not need fios. AS such, if it is not back by nxt week i will cancel my contract and not pay early termination fees since they are not supplying a key PRIME cable channel, they are voiding the contract, and I will switch to optimum!

mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

It's hard to find any area with TV where FIOS has things other providers don't.   There are countless channels that customers want in HD that other carriers have (from my perspective the sports ones like FoxSports 2, Premier League Xtra Time, GolTV,etc.) and when they do get them they are always the last one to carry them.   Don't even get started on the ipad app where you are very limited with channels outside of the home network and no ability to take DVR content that you already pay for with you.    Now this crap with dropping the Weather Channel because they think we get our weather information elsewhere?!?!   If that is the rationale then why do we have news and sports channels since we can get that information from a newspaper and online?    Why even carry live sports if we can get the scores on our phone?   Why carry network programming or movie channels if we can read about them in Wikipedia or other online sites?    The rationale they provided in the email to customers was ridiculous.   Instead we waste a valuable HD channel on weather programming from AccuWeather that looks like a high school kid put it together on is Mac.   

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dont complain just call up and tell them if the weather channel doesnt come back you are cancelling, actions speak louder than words! If they want to take away a channel take away that stupid fios 1 news done by children with cell phone video! I just renewed my contract with a great deal but ill drop the whole thing, they have voided the contract by removing one of the top 5 watched cable channels because of greed!

Re: WEATHER CHANNELS
jzstephens
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, I will be looking to switch providers.

Dropping The Weather Channel - HUGE Mistake
Nubee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Many people don't have a smart phone or other device to which they can download a weather App. Still others like and choose to get weather information from a source broadcast on TV. I mean, really, who wants to constantly look at a tiny screen. My family and I always found TWC to be a great source of information provided in a professional manner, with some humor thrown in when appropriate. When we chose Verizon, one reason was that it had TWC. Verizon has been dropping some of our favorite channels over the years, making it increasingly difficult to keep them as our provider. This move with TWC takes the cake. If any Verizon rep views this, it's clear you care nothing about your customers - the people that keep you in business. What's worse is that putting up Accuweather insults our intelligence. That station is a cheap joke! Know that we will be looking to move all services to another provider ASAP because we really have no reason to stay with Verizon.
Weather channel
MKKuderka
Enthusiast - Level 1
Very unhappy that verizon will no longer offer the Weather Channel. I will definitely consider other carriers when my contract with verizon expires.
rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Drop them now!!! They voided the contract by not supplying a prime channel you sidned up for when you contracted with them> THEY voided the contract! Dump them!. IF the weather channel is not back by tomorrow morning I will call my cable company and switch, They have a better version of the local weather anyway! Verizon you can bite me!

THE WEATHER CHANNEL
LadyHoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL and NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT ASAP to satisfy and HOLD ONTO this Verizon customer!