Re: The Weather Channel
OldFoge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with many of you.  Accuweather is the WORST.  It has been rated the lowest accuracy.  I am very very disappointed in Verizon.  And when my contract is up, I will consider alternatives.

Very unfortunate.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL WIDGET!!!!!!
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

WEATHER BUG IS WORTHLESS!!!  IT NEVER HAS THE ACCURATE WEATHER FOR MY AREA.  GET RID OF WEATHER BUG WIDGET AND PUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL WIDGET BACK ON!

THERE IS A REASON WHY WE PAY PREMIUM RATES EACH MONTH TO VERIZON SO WE CAN HAVE THE CHOICES WE WANT AND PAID FOR.

ALOT OF US ARE RETIRED AND OR DISABLED AND DEPEND ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL WIDGET FOR UPDATES AND WEATHER WARNINGS REGARDING HURRICANES AND STORM CONDITIONS.

IT'S AN EASY FIX GET RID OF WEATHERBUG WIDGET AND REPLACE THE WEATHER CHANNEL WIDGET BACK!

Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

Over the years The Weather Channel has been like an old friend, their coverages of storms have no equal. I will go so far as to say they save lives. I for one am sick and tired of beibg used as one of Verizons pawns in their negociatings with networks to get a cheaper price. The whole time while they move around and rename channel packages in attemps to sucker us out of more money.

Be advised Verizon, living where i do i have many choices for TV entertainment with FiOS being only one. I will be shopping around for a new payTV provider be it Dish, DirecTV, RCN, Comcast or others i am not yet aware of. Hell, Comcast sends me something in snail mail everyday. Yes, one channel, The Weather Channel can be our deal breaker. I dont use your buggy worthless DVR anyway.

Re: WEATHER CHANNELS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Better do some research.  Other providers have dropped TWC, usually temporarily but some permanently.  The biggest temporary drop was DirecTv which got them to cut back on reality shows before they came back.

Re: Dropping The Weather Channel - HUGE Mistake
trainman21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Couldn't agree with you more, Sherig50....this station is worthless and IS insulting our intelligence will be looking for another provider as well.....Have been watching The Weather Channel since its inception and appreciate the experience and professionalism of its meteorologists....This is SO unbelievable...We always thought Verizon provided the BEST programing available....what a crash that was when Verizon fell off its pedestal to the mediocrity of TV programming! Where are the meteorologists with the doctorates? Well back to looking for another provider!!!!!

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

IM as mad as heck and im not gonna take it anymore! Go to your phones or computers or phones and call or chat with verizon! tie up thier lines and request the cancellation department. Threated to drop them, and if they dont  respomd then drop them.

Re: The Weather Channel Loss
Floridalifeline
Enthusiast - Level 1

In January, I just switched to FIOS triple play because the INTERNET SERVICE IS better than Brighthouse.

I am sorely dissappointed that the Weather Channel is gone.

ACCU Weather is not the weather I need for my personal or business use.

If the Weather Channel contract is not renewed promptly, I will be promptly canceling Verizon TV.

As with all businesses, Verizon needs to understand that customers always have the right to vote with their feet and leave. 

I may have to pay more for separately packaged services, but  I will, if it means having the service I want.

One wonders if the Verizon finance division has calculated how much it costs them to start a new customer and how many will be lost if the Weather Channel does not return.

Perhaps this is the reason that I did not choose a 2 year contract when I made this switch.  The Lord always knows what is coming ahead for us...and I can now see it was Him who prompted me not to sign up for the  big cash Visa card and a 2-year contract.

RJN

Tampa, FL

Re: WEATHER CHANNELS
steve_o_2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too am VERY upset with this. I would like to write to FIOS corporate headquarters. I have been a FiOS subscriber for as long as they have had it (and Verizon for over 30 years), but am now looking to change. Comcast still has these channels.

I also did not like the sneaky way they did this, announcing it on the actual day it happened.

My contract is up next month, excellent timing. Mary Ann, I agree: we don't download apps and we shouldn't be forced to! Our monthly bill is high enough without losing channels that we love to watch.

Whom should we contact at corporate about this?

{edited for privacy}

Re: Weather channel
PYTIII1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on cable for the Food Channel and the Weather Channel.  I would take the Cooking channel if I could have it without all the other bloatware.

I can get a generic local weather feed using local airwaves. I gave up on weatherbug sour years ago.

I am now shopping for alternatives. I realy don't want to go back to the X-men.

THe T's and C's of the contract says Verizon can cahnge the content at any time. The also say, by paying a penalty ?! that I can leave at any time.

Let's not hurt each other. OK?

Accuweather not worth it
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

The sudden dropping of The Weather Channel was a really bad move. I understand that you have costs to keep down and what have you, but I think that because I pay you close to $200 a month in services, that I should have a say in what channels are kept and what channels are not. I know there are other people out there who pay more than me, but still, we are customers, and we should have a right to not only know ahead of time when our favorite channels are dropped, but to have a say in whether they should be dropped or not. 

I can also tell you that you just tripled my Accuweather channels because I already got them as a part of the over the air HD channels (464 in Philadelphia area, which is a digital over the air channel for WFMZ) and even when it was just the single channel over the air, I did not watch Accuweather because of the fact that they are not as knowledgable as the Weather Channel and they tend to run as a loop over having live programming, and when I usually tune into a weather network, I'm looking for something more than what Accuweather offers, and definitely more than what local news stations offer, which is why I liked The Weather Channel and Weatherscan, and personally, I am rather upset with this decision.

And honestly, I know there are other alternatives to Accuweather and Weatherbug, which personally, I would never install because Weatherbug is full of malware and spyware, not to mention that their information is so off, I'd be better off trusting the National Enquirer for my weather, because that's all both of them are.