Re: The Weather Channel
Southlakemama
Enthusiast - Level 1
I too am absolutely FURIOUSLY at Verizon for removing the weather channels, 49 and 119!!!!! I actually talked with them a minute ago and they said that the weather channel "would not negotiate so they did not renew their contract." Translation, Verizon would not pay the price the weather channel asked.

I agree, accuweather is TERRIBLE!!!!!!! All they want to cover is the east coast! And I live in Dallas. Severe storm time is right around the corner and I am worried about getting current weather conditions and alerts the way the weather channel did!

Anyone know of another cable TV/Internet provider that still has the weather channel?

And...., is it not interesting that we got no notice that Verizon was dropping the weather channel?!?!?! Every other time a channel has gone away, we got a couple of weeks notice and time to complain and hopefully stop the dropping!
JeffG2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back Weatherscan and the WeatherChannel. Acuweather sucks. On 49 it just sits there offering very little local info even though I finally (after several frustrating tries) got a community "local" to me up on the screen. On 119/619 the herky-jerky feed blinks, flashes, completely disappears, and looks like a very bad Skype connection.  Verizon FiOS reverse this bad decision soon or I will join the growing crowd moving to another provider!

Re: Dropping The Weather Channel - HUGE Mistake
Nubee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks trainman2. This move by Verizon is really quite unbelievable. Let's hope those making the decisions are getting word that a good number of customers are, to put it politely, extremely upset. And, moreover, that a number are planning to dump Verizon. TWC is a staple in so many homes. Plus, a five year old could do better reporting and coverage than Accuweather. Fingers crossed that negotiations reopen.
0 Likes
Re: THE WEATHER CHANNEL
JerseyGirl1522
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the most stupid thing Verizon Fios could do! The Weather Channel is a valuble resource that can and has helped save lives. They are expert weather people and I trust them as do many others. This is STUPID! I have family that live all over the US and I depend on this in times of special weather events to know the exact conditions and have actually warned my Mom of an impending Tonado and with seconds to spare had her take cover.

This is clearly a decison that was kept low key and secret and obviously took a lot of planning. Just spring it on us!

I am going to look into other options right away! I am going viral with this too!!

0 Likes
RCSINPGH

Why are you doing this? We watch the weather channel every day. Do you realize your competitor xfinity offers this channel with their very basic package. Is it time to switch back to Xfinity???

Please bring this channel back.

0 Likes
ashrader330
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously? You can't take 30 seconds and visit one of the couple dozen weather sites out there and check the weather for anywhere on the entire planet? I hope Verizon stands firm and doesn't pay the absurd fees that The Weather Channel is asking for.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel is more
TonyMarino13

How in the world can you not renegotiate the Weather Channel contract?  It has more than just the weather on it but to say the least, it has the BEST weather reporters on air of any service available.  I've already looked at your new "AccuWeather and it is lousy to say the least.  You need to put your thinking caps on and get the Weather Channel back onto FIOS.  Had I known this a month ago when I was switching providers, I honestly would not have switched.

0 Likes
Weather Channel and Weather Scan
MDTom

I'm extremely annoyed to find out after the fact that the Weather Channel, and moreso Weather Scan have be cancelled. I relied heavily on these channels. I just signed up for a two year deal last October and now feel like I have been sold a bill of goods. Someone at Verizon needs to be fired for this. For the record AccuWeather sucks.

0 Likes
Re: THE WEATHER CHANNEL
Pinfish

I agree. BYE Verizon!

@winniethepooh3 wrote:

I am so disappointed that Verizon did not choose to renew the Weather Channel, I  view this channel daily.  If it is not reinstated I will change service providers.  Between the constant raising of rates and the loss of channels, it's no longer worth it.  

0 Likes
ashrader330
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously? None of you can take 30 seconds and visit one of the couple dozen weather sites out there and check the weather for anywhere on the entire planet? I hope Verizon stands firm and doesn't pay the absurd fees that The Weather Channel is asking for. That channel has become pure garbage. The only way I want it back is if they drop ALL of that reality TV nonsense.