WEATHER CHANNEL GONE!
TomsVerizon1

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! VERIZON MUST BE NUTS TO DROP SUCH AN INFORMATION STATION ACCUWEATHER DOSEN'T

EVEN RATE SECOND CLASS...WEATHER CHANNEL HAD THE MOST ENTAINING INFORMATIVE GROUP TO DO WEATHER BAR NONE!

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Nubee
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree. Accuweather is beyond horrible. A group of grade schoolers could do infinitely better. Neither Accuweather nor Fios's weatherbug or whatever it's called provide the personable, quality reporting we get from TWC. I don't want to get my weather reports from robots. I want the dynamic team reporting that professionals like TWC provide. Accuweather's disjointed and choppy presentation is annoying as heck. The reporters practically run into/trip over each other when swapping out - which they do quite frequently - and all have the personality of a flea. What a dour group. There is certainly no team effort at work. And don't even get me started on graphics and visual layout - not to mention the lack of detail in reports and lousy audio. It's enough to give me a headache - or make my eyes cross. BRING BACK TWC!!!!
Re: Weather Channel
Rickv1

I agree, channel 119/619 is no comparison to the local Weatherscan channel, I'm dissappointed with Verizon, too bad

we dont have the opportunity to go with AT&T Uverse.

@EdV wrote:

I do not want to lose the Weather Channel. Verizon must do everythinmg to keep it.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel: BRING IT BACK!
Bakers1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is outrageous that FIOS thinks that we can "just use the internet" to replace the Weather Channel! TWC has the latest information, the analysis, the graphics, people on site, the whole story. I want good meteorologists not just numbers on a screen. I have been watching TWC since it began and I will happily dump my FIOS fourplay for DirecTV if they follow through with this ridiculous decision. Come on--we know you all were watching it last Wednesday night, wondering when the snow would start and how much we would get. Get a clue!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
rockit2u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back channel 49!!!  You **bleep** just don' go stopping a channel that many people actually use as opposed to most of the useless crap we have to pay for! If you don't bring it back there will be repercussions EI: like me and many others being **bleep** off. Not good loyalty, profitbility or common sense for future use/upgrades or recomendations for future users

Re: WEATHER CHANNEL GONE!
iismike24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just one more reason to dump Verizon. The Quantum TV service has one issue after another. I pay a premium for these services and am tired of bad service.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon

Thanks my contract is up this month and I won't be renewing. You cancel channels at the drop of a god **bleep** hat, how are we supposed to enjoy FIOS when poof one of your favorite channels is gone. Enough is enough of this crap I don't need the agravation............... 

Weather Channel
Richjim3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon made a huge mistake by removing The Weather Channel and Weatherscan. AccuWeather is awful and that widget is useless. Whoever made this decision should be fired. Shame on you Verizon - but it goes along with the consistently bad customer service. We can only hope Frontier will be better and bring back TWC.

CONTACT VERIZON NOW!
BRINGBACKTWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I attempted an online chat earlier, however, the wait time was ridiculous. When I called Verizon directly, I said "OPERATOR" and I was almost immediately put through to a human being. But, not before the VerizonBot2000 relayed an automated propaganda message about the removal of The Weather Channel. Obviously, they expect many calls about this, hence, the automated message, like when there's an outage in your area.

I told the operator that I wanted to lodge a formal compliant about the removal and that if TWC isn't renewed, I will be transferring my service to another provider. I mentioned that I am a "bundle" customer, so that would mean I would be transferring cable, internet and phone service to another provider.

When I asked, the operator told me that I was the first call he had received about this. He also claimed that "the channel hasn't been removed." I told him that of course it's been removed, but he played a game of semantics and said that "it hasn't been removed because the "channel" is still there with Accuweather." I told him that was a ridculous statement and that Accuweather is awful. Hopefuly, he noted that complaint as well.

LET'S MAKE THOSE CALLS!

Re: The Weather Channel
Judypi314
Enthusiast - Level 1
Bring back TWC!!! It is one of the main reasons I have Verizon! I am looking into alternative providers and will be switching as soon as I make a decision about which one suits me best. AccuWeather is a joke, no replacement for TWC!! If Verizon wants to keep my business TWC needs to be back immediately!!!