Re: Weather Channel
msim28
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sentiment exactly . . .This is it for FIOS . . .hello Time Warner when my contract expires.

Not sure if Verizon looks at this message board . . .if you are,  terible decision.   It's all about your pocketbook, not your valued customers!!!  There is no comparison between this so called AccuWeather Network and the Weather Channel.....very disappointed!!!

EveDove7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with Richjim3. I cannot believe that Verizon dropped The Weather Channel. It's not only the Weather Channel, but all the other great programs that we will no longer be able to watch. AccuWeather is nothing in comparison to TWC! You're talking soups and nuts. This is very disappointing to go check the weather and a foreign program shows up. I'm disappointed at their move and can't state enough how this move is bad for Verizon but also for us, Verizon members. All The Weather Channel and the programs will be sorely missed.  I don't know how or who deals with the other programs on that channel but ALL THOSE PROGRAMS WILL BE MISSED. Especially now as Spring is coming and storms will be brewing and TWC is depended upon. Upset, upset, upset is all I can say!!!

Missj2
Enthusiast - Level 1
This accuweather channel is pure crap. It does not show my local weather and the voice track does not match the video feed. Bring back my twc!
joecct771
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the Weather Channel reported on weather and not reality shows, I, too, would be upset.  But when I turn to Channel 619, I want to see weather information, not tow trucks in Alaska.

So kudos to Verizon for giving us a 24/7 weather channel.  If more cable systems did this, maybe the Weather Channel would return to what made them the Weather Channel.

0 Likes
EveDove7
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sentiments exactly! It's enough to drive people to cancel their subscriptions!

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
georgejr12

In addition to poor programming the replacement channell was stated in the Verison email to customers "FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. "  In reality channel 49 only has a message stating that your Fios TV is working and that Weatherscan is no longer available.  Wihout weatherscan we will no longer see local town weather nor severe weather alerts such as tormadoes and floods.

As for the Weather Channel 119,  Accuweatherand does not include my town of Midlothian, VA and the sound comes and goes on my non HD box digital adaptor.  Channel 49 weatherscan was extremely valuable when tornadoes ran across my area a few years ago. It also runs through numerous towns showing weather I am not interested in.  There are no local on the 8s segment.

We watched many of the Weather channel specials such as Higway through Hell, Air disasters,  Coast Guard Rescue and others which will not be available.

As far as I'm concerned when my contract is over, I will most likely go with another service that does privide the Weathar Channel. 

We don't use apps nor do we have computer on all the time.  For Verizon to arbitrarily to change this channel without first asking customers if they watch it regularly is disturbing to say the least.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Mollyp07

I am very mad about the loss of the Weather Channel! It was there yesterday and gone today! Sneaky! My husband tells me at least once a week to switch providers and I think if they dont get the Weather Channel back REALLY soon we will and we have a bundle. This is one of those times when you should speak up if this bothers you. I just turned on the Weather Channel before i take my dog for a walk to see the temp outside and no local weather!! Sorry this just makes me soooo mad considering the cost of FIOS.  I also live chatted about it with someone from the company and he gave me the company line of how they now have accuweather! Not the same ! With all of the money from customer bills, and commercials airing on their channels they could afford to negotiate with The Weather Channel. They are slowly killing television as we know it and we need to put our foot down.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel Gone from FiOS - ARE YOU KIDDING!!
GmonyeNJ
The Weather Channel (TWC) is far better that AccuWeather. I come to expect quality programming and service from Verizon for the top $ paid for the FiOS service. Please explain to your customers why an agreement can't be reached!
Directv and Comcast seemed to have.
Did you even ask what customers would prefer?

This will be a great disservice to FiOS customers. I ask that you reconsider this decision. Otherwise, as soon as a competitor comes along offering lots of perks, I expect you may lose some formerly loyal customers.
Again, I ask that you reconsider or at least ask your customers before you proceed.
0 Likes
Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
worldrepub

Accuweather cant replace Weather channel. bring TWC back!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was the weather scan channel too that had very local specific info. This accu weather  product looks like 1990's graphics shot from a webcam, kinda like fios 1 news! If you dont bring the  weather channel back by friday Im switching to optimum triple play!!!

The weather channel was very nessecary in NY before and during SANDY to those who remember, It wwas the first weather service to start forcasting the impending disaster 5 days or more before the storm, and one of the few who fully hit the magnitude of the disaster squarely on the head, unlike the National Weather service!

0 Likes