Re: The Weather Channel
Cycling1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accuweather is a farce, bring back TWC.

chris601
Enthusiast - Level 2

This loss of Weatherscan and the Weather Channel is complete Horse(bleep!)   I just came from Comcast.   I don't know who I vehomently dislike more more now, them or Verizon.   Comcast, for all of its faults, never pulled big name channels out like that in all the years that I had them.

First off, I get most of my weather from the TV.   I do not own a smart phone or tablet and it's easier to get a quick radar peek and idea of what is going on by looking at Weatherscan on TV before leaving in the morning or when it looks bad outside.   I would go to Weatherscan a dozen times a day, even leave it on for a bit during periods of bad weather..  To say that all people go elsewhere for weather is simply not true and very presumptuous.

Granted, the Weather Channel was going off-mark a bit with shows but it was still there when needed.

This so-called "replacement" with Accuweather with its ads IS NOT a like for like replacement -- it's not even close.  It would be like leasing a Cadillac and waking up to find a replacement Chevy suddenly in the driveway with a letter saying, "you don't need all of what you had in a car and we're not going to support it, and this is what you're now getting to drive, and your bill will be the same.   have a nice day! "   There is NO Local Weather except on the Weatherbug Widget.   What is now on 119/619 where Weathercannel was doesn't even cover my area!!  There is not even anything close!!  I live near Philadelphia.   I could care less what the weather is in White Plains, NY, or West Palm, FL.  Weatherscan, at least gave me the regional area, like Atlantic City, Allentown, Dover, Wilmington, Philadelphia.   I have none of that now.   119/619 do not even exist to me anymore.

I actually thought Verizon was more customer-oriented than Comcast and a better value.   The vaule advantage is no longer there.   I'd rather pay a litte more to Comcast than deal with substandard service.   I dont' wait on hold as much with Verizon but no warning, no nothing, no choice in the matter, and worse, not even a replacement with a product that is even close to what was lost nor even usable!   That is a smack in the face because I have no choice but to pay the same.   That, I think, has me more annoyed than anything.   If they had replaced it with a like product, or even a better one, I wouldn't be this upset, but Verizon left us with essentially unusable crap and we still have to pay the same bill.   I can't even get a radar shot on the Weatherbug widget!! 

Work out a deal, Verizon!   Please do the right thing.  You have really upset a huge customer base!

Re: Weather Channel
Jimbak011

The weather channel is not just weather. There is other programming that I routinely watch so unless Verizon reconsiders its removal of the weather channel I will be changing providers.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

The latest dishonest email from Verizon began:

"Dear Valued Verizon Customer, 

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed. ... Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) "

Not that Verizon is listening, but IMAO if they want to reduce service while keeping or raising their rates, they can ditch most of the sports channels or make them optional. Yeah, I know Disney/ESPN thinks they have cable providers in a headlock, but isn't that because they know the providers are just lapdogs?

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
craigndi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn`t agree more! What Einstein in the channel selection meeting decided to cancel one of the most useful stations Fios carried?? They rape me for $200/month to bring hundreds of useless channels into my house, but the one really useful station gets the ax!! Their replacements are a joke! Does anybody even know of a way to get local radar in motion now? Weather Bug is a far cry from Weather Scan and Accu Weather doesn`t even give me my local weather. Even after sitting through endless commercials. BRING BACK WEATHER CHANNEL and WEATHER SCAN!!!

Bring Back The Weather Channel
SET-CFPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me and thousands of you present customers will not be customers for much longer.

It is despicable that without notice I was confronted with AccuWeather this morning instead of The Weather Channel AMHQ.

AccuWeather is totally unacceptable for keeping ahead of the storm and keeping the public informed about weather conditions that can affect the very lives of people that depend on The Weather Channel.

The Weather Channel is the top in the industry for accurate and dependable weather information and was one of the reasons I chose Fios.

I have tried to call and make register an official complaint but your phones are probably overloaded with angry customers trying to get in touch with someone at Verizon.

There are way too many other programs that could be cut, after all how many news channels, cooking channels, shopping channels, etcetera do we need? With these types of channels customers have a choice but when it comes to weather there is only 1 – The Weather Channel.

My Phone, Internet and TV will go to one of your competitor’s if The Weather Channel is not returned to channel 119 and 619 before I make the switch.

Re: Weather Channel NOT RENEWED
mst8ler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I concur!  What is this garabage they substituted?  I pay big money for VZN services.  I DEMAND TWC be returned!!  Don't be cheap!  Hey, Verizon, smell that?  It's your competitors...starting to smell pretty good.

laineylives
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so angry I could spit! If I hadn't just got into a new contract I would drop them immediately. I count on the weather channel and I also enjoy their programing and I trust the meteorologists they have. This is dirty and underhanded.

bob3324
Poor move eliminating the Weather Cannel. Worse move expecting accuweather (with horrific broadcast quality & incomparable content) and Weather Bug widget (hasn't worked properly in months - hourly info stops @ 11pm daily & todays info changes mid afternoon) to replace it. Will check the competition as my contract has expired!
0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
hollyview55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I agree my two year contract is coming up and I guess I got to go with the rest of the people who love the weather channel and important channel of everyday life.Accu weather stinks and so does the stink bug or weather bug as you call it!I am going to drop verizon too,you guys are going to be out of customers soon if you do not renew the weather channel and all its good shows!

@-jimc wrote:

I subscribed to FiOS TV partly because it had The Weather Channel.  If it didn't have TWC I would not have subscribed.

Now Verizon tells us that they are dropping TWC, and gives some corporate-speak malarkey for an explanation.  This was done secretly, with no notice.

Now I have a TV service, with a two-year contract, that is pretty much worthless to me.

Unless this gets settled real quickly, I will be canceling my FiOS services.  I expect to be able to do so without a penalty, since they are no longer providing what they promised.  I'm sure that somewhere in some fine print they have given themselves the right to do whatever they want.

There are also lots of avenues for complaints against Verizon, such as the PSC and the local franchise grantor (usually your local government).  I'll be complaining about this everywhere I can.  If you are unhappy about the loss of TWC, I hope you do so as well.

-jimc

0 Likes