Re: The Weather Channel
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

How much does Fios save with this change?

Re: Weather Channel NOT RENEWED
nujdw131

I agree... when i find a provider i do not concider them unless they have TWC and prefer that they have my local weather,, guess ill be going back to Comcast.....  Liked their TWC better anyway and when my contract was up i was looking at Comcast anyway, guess i will be breaking my contract.  Looking to do the same with my cell phone (sprint will cut my bill in half)

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3
Verizon Please Name the corporate **bleep** who made the decision to drop TWC. He/she needs to go. Now I know why I need to sign a 2 year agreement. So you can screw me and maybe I'll forget about it in 2 years. This is why you have very few loyal customers.
ZandorRI
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am posting a formal complaint with Verizon over their stupid move on removing TWC and replacing it with a really inadequate AccuWeather!

Are you serious Verizon???

Do you actually know what you have done.

Let me surmise AccuWeather for you,

1: AccuWeather is a pre-taped recording that runs and then starts over again.

2: NO and I MEAN NO LIVE WEATHER UPDATES.

3: NO live reporting on sever storms currently affecting people.

4: NO real time reporting of where the storms are or next affected area.

5: NO severity of storms or live damage reports.

6: NO educational shows. And when we need kids to be interested in the sciences you pull it! Shame on you!

I am totally shocked at not only the way you treated TWC while in negotiations, but by your lack of consideration to your customers. I received the email at like 1:19am EST, I immediately turned to TWC and was glad to see it still there. Figured it was a spam email or something like that. HA, the joke was on me, because later it was gone.

Oh and my "Non HD" TV in the Kitchen with just one of those little black boxes that has no guide or anything, well

AccuWeather ch116 has no sound & does not fit on the screen...way to go Verizon.

I will tell you this VERIZON and Listen up, people are **bleep** off.

I will be cancelling my FIOS when the contract is up.

I do not like surprises of this nature, nor do I like the way it seems you conduct your business.

Verizon spokesman Bob Elek -- he said "this is a decision, not a dispute."

Yes, BOB I can get my weather through many different means, but when I can sit in front of my TV and see live reporting of what's actually happening it's different, end of story!

Hey Verizon, how much money will you loose now that you've aggravated so many subscribers and numerous one's such as myself who will not be renewing with you?????

Was it worth it?

Hey COX Cable looks like I'm coming back!

TTFN - V

Re: Weather Channel NOT RENEWED
rharrison323
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

Although I was not a fan of  the programming on the weather channel other than the local and national weather, it

is far superior to the accuweather channel. Although I am disappointed, I am not going to leave FIOS because of

one channel. I hope it will come back soon.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel GONE??!!
Millhunkie

Yes.  Weatherscan and Weather Channel are the most watched channels in our household.  Why keep FIOS if they don't provide the channels you want?

0 Likes
lynniepie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have grown up with the weather channel,and after two  inutes of accuweather this afternoon, I was ill watching the poor graphics and non local information. I am appalled that Verizon chose this underhanded route to get rid of programming we have contracted for.  This is a sad day in programming, call your Verizon and let them know how you feel!

EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Leave it to Verizon to drop one of the most fundamental channels on cable television. What exactly was going through their minds when they did this? TWC may not be a number one station, but when you compare it to the other garbage that clogs our guides, this choice is shocking.

Big mistake Verizion.

Dropping the Weather Channel
annj251
Enthusiast - Level 1

REALLY bad idea.  Accuweather doesn't come close!  Moreover, my elderly mother does not have a smart phone and doesn't want one.  She always depended on the Weather Channel's "local weather on the 8s" and she is really upset. There are MILLIONS of elderly people out there that will disagree that "YOUR PHONE IS BETTER AT WEATHER THAN ANY TV."   She wants me to find out if Comcast carries the Weather Channel. 

LynH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't beleive that FIOS is dropping the Weather Channel!  The Weather Channel is the best weather provider.  Accuweather is not accurate.  I had deleted the App from my phone b/c it was not reliable.  Weather Bug is not a viable solution either.  If I want to look at Weather Bug I will look on my phone.  The programming on the other channels does not compart to the Weather Channel. Fios should rethink this decision!