The Weather Channel
jandhwhitney
Enthusiast - Level 1

As a long time Verizon customer I am highly disappointed that someone made the decision to drop The Weather Channel without warning. I am seriously considering find a provider that carries the programming that I like. AccuWeather is a joke. I will not watch that channel. It's cheap and I am discusted at the prices that I am being charged. So long Verizon. 

Re: The Weather Channel
peggysue4
Enthusiast - Level 2

They will lose more in lost customers that they save dropping the weather channel!

@joker211 wrote:

How much does Fios save with this change?

Why is the weather channel gone?
peanutcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do I pay so much for service , to have one of the few channels that I use be taken away?  I don't need all of the religous programming stations, the foreign language stations, and most of the crap stations that Verizon supplies.....Verizon, you really need to get in touch with what your customers want and need....I plan on dropping you as soon as my ripoff plan is up

Weather Channel
InColls
We are very disappointed that Verizon FIOS has removed the Weather Channel from the channels available to your customers. Accu Weather is not an adequate replacement. Put it back. We will consider this when making a decision about whether or not to renew our contract when the current one ends.
0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
owlclaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon FIOS has sunk to a new low.  I don't watch the Weather Channel all of the time, but one of my favorite shows is on this channel, and I enjoy others periodically as well.  The weather information is comprehensive when I want it, and don't always want to be checking my phone to get this information.  This will affect my decision on which service provider I will be continuing service with.   BTW, Accuweather is a signficantly inferior channel...

Re: Weather Channel
kidmcb

I wholeheartedly agree. The Weather Channel isn't just about if it's raining outside. That changed some time ago. The Weather Channel now offers a variety of interesting programming that I've come to enjoy quite a bit. My contract is up at the end of the year and I too will be looking at other options if The Weather Channel is cut from Verizon.

0 Likes
DROPPING WEATHER CHANNEL???
jayhawk8282
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have watched TWC since it first came on the air.   I cant believe that you dropped this integral channel with no advance notice and put in its place this pathetic Accuweather Channel.   There are millions of loyal TWC fans who like Jim Cantore, Stephanie Abrams, Mike Seidel, Kim Cunningham and on and on.  Not to mention a lot of seniors rely on this as their favorite source of weather information.  When my contract comes up for renewal later this year, you can bet I will be shopping for an alternative cable source,  as will my brother and his family and my daughter and her family.  This was an incredibly stupid decision.

P-J
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new AccuWeather channel is like watching a web page. Dropping TWC overnight is a pretty lame move Verizon.

Loopylou
Enthusiast - Level 1
Ditto for me!
Accuweather
MountainGoat

So disappointed in Verizon with this abrupt change. Why so little notice?  I have an HD box and unable to get any sound from the Accuweather channel. Accuweather does totally computer generated weather forecasting. I'm sure Verizon is saving a bundle with dumping TWC.

0 Likes