Re: The Weather Channel
radkins81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not a happy FiOS customer...  If Verizon would pull the call from when I switched to them from Comcast they will hear me specifically ask about The Weather Channel... then without warning (no, i didn't get an email).. they removed it and added this crapy AccuWeather.  10+ year routine gone...  Smiley Mad

Guess what, Comcast is willing to give me a gift card too if I switch backto them... really really thinking about going back... better internet and TWC!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
dmgrocott
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am another FIOS customer that hates Accu Weather. I watch the weather every morning and was quite dissappointed to find we no longer have Wake Up with Al, AMHQ, etc.

Accu Weather is not nearly as informative or entertaining as TWC.

This is almost enough to cause me to switch back to COX.

Weather channel
Pstryk
Enthusiast - Level 1
It absolutely cannot believe the weather channel is gone. My father recently moved in with me. He is beside himself, he is telling me he wants comcast back. I truly hope that verizon decides to do something to bring the weather channel back. It certainly cannot be replaced with the ridiculous replacement channels we now have. Very very bad decision!!!
WHERE IS MY WEATHER CHANNEL!!!
McCandlessD
Enthusiast - Level 1
Seriously!!!! What is this crap it was replaced with!!!
I am glad Verizon just let me know my two year renewal is coming up, with an increase, because I now know that it is time to switch services! The weather channel isn't some little known local cable station that no one watches! I watch it everyday and can't believe I turned on my TV to watch it and found a poor representation of a weather channel called accuweather...HA you can't be on it for a minute with out being annoyed by its poor quality sound and lack luster information!
Good-bye Verizon
radkins81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amen!!

@dmgrocott wrote:

I am another FIOS customer that hates Accu Weather. I watch the weather every morning and was quite dissappointed to find we no longer have Wake Up with Al, AMHQ, etc.

Accu Weather is not nearly as informative or entertaining as TWC.

This is almost enough to cause me to switch back to COX.

0 Likes
Re: DROPPING WEATHER CHANNEL???
Sunbake

I received NO NOTICE from Verizon about dropping The Weather Channel. Not that it would have made me happy. BRING IT BACK. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
BeachGirl87
We agree. This is an imoortant station for us. The notification by email the morning that the channel is dropped does not allow us to drop your service in the same manner. The new service is not equivalent. Very disappointed!
0 Likes
Re: DROPPING WEATHER CHANNEL???
marquitos

More crazy Verizon logic.  Accuweather looks like the High Scholl Weather Club.  Where do I complain?  They took away the local weather scan too.  To me this may be a community servise franchise issue.  No local weather access means less community service.

@jayhawk8282 wrote:

I have watched TWC since it first came on the air.   I cant believe that you dropped this integral channel with no advance notice and put in its place this pathetic Accuweather Channel.   There are millions of loyal TWC fans who like Jim Cantore, Stephanie Abrams, Mike Seidel, Kim Cunningham and on and on.  Not to mention a lot of seniors rely on this as their favorite source of weather information.  When my contract comes up for renewal later this year, you can bet I will be shopping for an alternative cable source,  as will my brother and his family and my daughter and her family.  This was an incredibly stupid decision.

0 Likes
dabeeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

This suck, I want it back!!!!

the weather channel and weatherscan
liska452
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was very very disappointed to turn on the tv this morning and see TWC and weatherscan gone. I am a painter and rely on weatherscan daily.There are a couple shows that we like as well.  Accuweather is sub par, the audio is terrible, it does not touch on the area where I live. I thought verizon was a top notch provider, I guess I was wrong. It will be the deal breaker in changing our provider. Bring it back.