Re: BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL
Fmm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, call Verizon tomorrow and demand a credit to your bill!

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Mattyuk
Enthusiast - Level 1
I want the weather channel back right now. I watched it all the time and one of the channels I wanted getting TV at home. A disgrace!!
0 Likes
Where's Weather Channel??!!
Lily33
Enthusiast - Level 1
I turned to the weather channel tonight, and got the inaccurate accuweather instead. I had forgotten that Verizon had dropped the Weather Channel!! This is beyond annoying. I wouldn't trust accuweather for commercials, let alone weather. The Weather Channel uses actual scientific data!! Why would Verizon drop it?! Bring Weather Channel back or I'll be "dropping" Verizon! What's the phone number for Comcast?!
0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
bossafour

PLEASE Bring back the weather channel. I watch channel 619 everymorning to get with my morning coffee. I own a landscape business and its crucial for me to see what's going on with the weather especially in the winter with snowstorms and the weather channels coverage is the best bar none. This morning when i turned on 619 i thought it was a joke when the accuweather thing was on but guess the joke is on any verizon customer that actually uses/needs this channel.The accuweather version is glitchy barely shows are area no long therm forecast. So poorly made that one would thing elemantary kids produce it. Leave it up to someone guy that doesn't probably ever go outside and care what the weather is like. Also theres about 90% of channels i don't watch but it's not like we don't have to pay for what we don't want. Just bring back the weather channel.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
varnesy

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!

That was an unprofessional manner in which we were notified - an email the day of? Really? With this type of correspondednce, I will reconsider my subscription to an otherwise great service. By the way, I don't care if they have an app - not interested in the app when I watch TV.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel : Revolt
Top-Cat

I sincerely hope that many people cancel their Fios service over this bonehead move.  I know I will. I still have a year and a half left on my contract and will be cancelling in 30 days if The Weather Channel is not reinstated.  Oh, yeah, my Verizon phones will also be switched to another carrier as well.  Rise up people. 

0 Likes
Jharaz
Enthusiast - Level 2
Can't believe this change from The Weather Channel to Accuweather. Accuweather does not report the weather for my region. We need The Weather Channel back!
0 Likes
pens812
Enthusiast - Level 2
Terrible- like watching an old Godzilla movie- anchors speak and mouths move later- appears this was done in haste is my picture is terrible- Ill switch to watching it on my computer- why dont they cut some of those other dog stations that they force down your throat-
0 Likes
Accuweather Sound Issues
Gman1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bad enough that Verizon can't negotiate a new deal with TWC, but then it is replaced with a substandard channel -- Accuweather.  Is anyone else having sound issues with it?  I get a lot of static.  This is infuriating.

Re: $39 million...
IM_Done
Enthusiast - Level 1

"...this was a decision, not a dispute". So we are supposed to believe that one of their overpayed 12 year old MBA geniuses made a decision that paid subscribers don't need to see this channel because they have multiple options to access weather information. I dont know how I have managed to get this far in life without Verizon hacks managing my options. Oh wait...they have been

They stole our airwaves, packaged them up and rent them back to us and we allow it to happen. We deserve to be herded like sheep and have all of our choices made for us by these thieves. Just think, not only do they decide what we don't get to see, they also decide which information/entertainment we can access while profiting from the collection and sale of our activities. They control all of our communications and with them, privacy, liberty and choice.

As much as I enjoy The Weather Channel and protest the fact and manner of its removal, I am more concerned that WE have no options. Cable and satellite -  same wolf, different suit and free TV (as it was meant to be) is (affectively) gone forever since telecoms and the FCC 'decided' we don't need OUR airwaves any longer.

I will miss some of the entertaining and interesting Weather Channel programming and intelligent, collegial personalities like Jim Cantore, Sam Champion and Al Roker.

The good news is: this situation is causing me to seriously consider whatever communications options I may have so I can CHOOSE something other than Verizon.