Re: The Weather Channel
franfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon!!  Are you reading the posts??  

Dumping TWC was a mistake that you need to correct.

0 Likes
Bushkin78
Enthusiast - Level 1
We want the weather channel!!!! Why I may cancel verizon? They dropped the weather channel. Other channels mysteriously disappear from my lineup. They want me to sign a new 2 year agreement for more money and 1/2 the channels. Glad I caught on before I signed up for that lie. Next call is to Comcast. Verizon, the cell phones will go to AT&T next, consider yourself warned.
Re: **bleep** about losing Weather Channel. AccuWeather Channel 619 sound is horrible, popping and c
Gman1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Couldn't agree more.  TWC is dropped with virtually no warning and then replaced with such a poor substitute.  Will drive away customers.

0 Likes
caseymom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.   Very bad decistion to drop The Weather Channel.   What does having an app have to do with watching The Weather Channel on TV?   The Weather Channel is more than weather reports.   It has interesting programs.  I too am rethinking my Verizon service.

weather channel
nickersnpurrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

where is the weather channel????????????? i had Direct TV and changed to Verizon when they removed the Weather Channel from their TV line up...b/c Verizon had that channel. i have Fios. up to now all was well. tonite all that changed! i turned my TV on and the Weather Channel was GONE! did anyone from Verizon ask us if we'd like it removed? NO! of course not!!! seems Verizon don't give a rats butt about what its customers like or want....just like the greedy companies....is all about money and to hell with the customers! well, i told Direct TV i'd leave if the weather channel didn't come back...and i did!  so...i am going to leave Verizon and go back to Direct...they have a heck of a deal going right now and have been begging me to come back and will pay me to do it too!

i advise anyone that wants the weather channel back to call Verizon and if that don't work...well.....Direct TV has a great deal going right now......

btw....that crappy so called weather channel they are giving us really sucks!

and that lame excuse that people have weather apps on their smart phones....well, guess what Verizon....not EVERYONE has a cell phone or a SMART phone! i don't!!!!!

and i know a few others that don't! not everyone can afford one. and i don't have a rich daddy to buy me one either!

i want my Weather Channel; back or i am leaving Verizon!  THAT is a PROMISE!

0 Likes
Removal of Weather Channel
MisterWoody

Like many others I am disappointed with the deletion of the Weather Channel from the FiOS service.  This is one of our favorite channels even during good weather.  No other channel provides in-depth nationwide coverage during natural disasters.  Please bring it back.

0 Likes
nickersnpurrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

that is a wonderful idea!!!! i am too!

Re: Accuweather Sound Issues
StephNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more.  I turned it on this evening and the voices are muffled and there's crackling. 

0 Likes
Weather channel
Nickeck
Your company sucks! Point blank period your over priced and your customer service is terrible. You get rid of the weather channel??? That is a staple on everyones tv line up i look forward to watching it and now its gone. Well guess what so will i be. You think offering free showtime for 3 months is going to cut it, you wrong showtime is the worst!!! I will be leaving as i am not under contract because i figured Verizon would let me down sooner or later. A loyal customer for three years and have been nothing but disappointed time and time again. Thanks for nothing!

On Mar 10, 2015, at 12:52 AM, Verizon Notification <verizon-notification@verizon.com> wrote:

MY VERIZON SUPPORT PASSWORD HELP

Important FiOS TV Content Information

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed. In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps. Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015. Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

Quick Links:
Sign In
Forgot Password?
Customer Service

Ensure Verizon emails reach your inbox by adding verizon-notification@verizon.com to your "safe" email list. Your email or Internet provider can provide instructions on how it works.

This email has been sent from an auto-notification system that cannot accept incoming email.

© 2015 Verizon
0 Likes
Losing hundreds loyal customers because of your incompatance #BringBackTWC
Top-Cat
Verizon has yet disappointed me again. I convinced my family along with 5 other people to switch to Verizon Fios a few years back. I, studying to be a meteorologist, relay on the Weather Channel EVERY DAY. You cannot tell ME that I use my phone to check the weather and therefore don't need the TV. That is not your choice. I happen to have 6 weather apps on my phone, one of which is TWC. I check them every five minutes. But guess what, Verizon? I also spend 5+ hours PER DAY watching The Weather Channel. Dozens of people come to me with weather questions and predictions, and it is because of TWC on TV that I can answer, not the measly app. It is not your JOB to decide how I check the weather, or make assumptions. This is completely unacceptable. I have already started the process to switch providers to another company that VALUES its customers, and will continue the process if TWC is not brought back. I have been a loyal customer for years, in both TV and mobile, but you are losing me completely, along with the other 5 people who are disgusted at your actions. This is unfair, unacceptable, and work of an company who doesn't care what their customers think. I urge everyone else to contact Verizon and force them to bring back TWC
0 Likes