The Weather Channel
campingmom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it disrespectful to find weather channel dumped without notice. Accu Weather channel is awful. We watched it constantly. I pay a high price for service and expect the channels I signed up for. I have lost respect for your service, and feel you only care about the money, but not your customers. I guess it is time to change providers. You are now losing a longtime customer.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel **bleep**
bdegnan

Verizon SUCKS.  TWC Rocks!  If TWC is not reinstated, I will not renew my contract with either Verizon or Verizon wireless.  There are other options out there.  No need to put up with this crap.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Beasleyca
Enthusiast - Level 1
Agreed. Ridiculous to drop twc. everyone is also getting Netflix. Do they want to push us all from cable. We can do that.
Re: WEATHER CHANNEL
eddiegny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally disrespectful of your customers, Verizon, to drop the Weather Channel with no notice or warning.

The channel has gained a huge following with their programming, and the increased interest in weather ...hurricanes...snow storms, etc.

Bad move dumping them with no interest in the opinions of your subscribers..

You are proving to be no better than your competitors...whom I may look into as a result of this action.

Ed in Queens, NY

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel **bleep**
hykfisherman

It is a shocking news that Verizon dropped the Weather channel and local radar scan channel. I just switched from Comcast to Verizon 2 weeks ago. I tune into the lcoal radar scan in the morning and the evening every day and it is very important for me to know the current weather condition as well as the next five days forcast because I have a home garden to grow friuts and vegetables and I plan my day according to the weather. Please bring back these channels, I need them!!!   

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
jkirkmd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto - the AccuWeather channel replacement is like the Principal's Homeroom broadcasts in high school.  UNprofessional.  Bring back The Weather Channel.  Verizon must be the only provider dumb enough to dump TWC.

0 Likes
katw977
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm all for starting a petition to get the Weather Channel back. I do not agree with Verizon not informing it's customers.  I live in Texas (tornado alley) - the Weather Channel is VERY important to me and my family(tornado season is starting NOW) and the Weather Channel is an important programming choice - just look at the past few weeks weather.

I "Lived Chatted" with a Verizon employee early this morning and they did not know what was going on either. I called Verizon when I got to work and had to repeat myself 3 times. I then just told the guy forget it, I was not going to say it a 4th time. I had to call again later and finally got someone that could understand me. 

This morning AccuWeather was a taped few minutes that kept replaying over & over. Tonight the audio on AccuWeather was bad. 

I am very unhappy. I feel Verizon dropped the ball with their choice and with how they handle customer service. Not telling your customers was very wrong. 

I sgned up for the Weather Channel as part of my programming. I want the Weather Channel. I want the best, professional weather especially when the weather is dangerous and life threatening. 

rdp9

You have been removing channels for years.  You misrepresented your price to me, and kept me on the phone for hours.  We switched from cablevision, and FIOS was always worse for news and weather.  Cablevision news 12 weather was way better than anything you have.  But we accepted channel 49 as a poor substitution.  Now, taking away the weather channel is just about the last straw, we will probably have to go back to cablevision at the end of our contract.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
Fmm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call Verizon and demand a credit for losing The Weather Channel!!!

0 Likes
Weather Channel gone
rangr_rick

You gotta be kidding me! With the intense competition for cable/internet/phone service, Verizon FIOS simply stops a highly desirable channel from their lineup........without warning or prior notification!!!!

It appears as though Verizon is trying to use this at the bargaining table with TWC.........balanced on the back of their customer base.

UNSAT!!

0 Likes