Re: WEATHER CHANNEL
RetiredShrek
Totally dissatisfied with Lowell C. McAdam, Verizon Communications, CEO on the decision to drop TWC. since we didn't get a vote, I guess he won't get a vote on the new provider I choose.
ACCUWEATHER is like comparing the Bad News Bears to the current world series champions, you have got to be kidding me.
0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Duffer3
Enthusiast - Level 1
Bring back the Weather Channel. Accuweather is terrible and doesn't provide the quality information the Weather Channel does. No one imparts storm related information like Jim Cantore and his colleagues. The Barbie dolls on Accuweather probably aren't even meteorologists. In addition, the Weather Channel provides a variety of interesting programming that is sorely missed. I will seriously consider canceling my subscription if TWC isn't brought back.
HellsK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please work out whatever issues you have with the weather channel - We all have options for other providers but I have been happy with FIOS - This is a tough to work through though

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Kate210
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to see the Weather Channel back as well. Accuweather is useless.  All I need now is just local channels. Stupid move on Verizon

Re: Anyone know what happened to the weather channel?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take a look around at all the posts here about the Weather Channel.  Verizon did not renew their agreement with TWC and removed it from FiOS TV.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel gone
Comcast100

It appears Verizon is on a mission to provide less for more, i.e. less service for more money.

0 Likes
Awesome...No Weather Channel...Completely Disappointed with Verizon
Trcash
Enthusiast - Level 1

I renewed my FIOS agreement with Verizon at the beginning of the year and also switched my cell service from AT&T to Verizon.  In hindsight, both were extremely bad decisions.  The channel lineup on Verizon was lame to begin with in comparison to competitors similarly priced packages (no NFL Network, no Golf Channel, no ESPN2, no Sundance, etc.).  It may sound rediculous, but TWC and Weatherscan were some of the channels I got the most value out of.  When I tried to check the weather this morning, I received the unceramonious message that it was no longer available.  Just added fuel to the fire. of my overall disappointment with Verizon.

I switched to Verizon wireless because I had heard that there coverage was much better in the locations I travel to and their overall service was superior.  Unfortunately, that is definitely not the case.   I guess I'm partially at fault for naively buying into the bogus marketing hype. Coverage is often spotty at best in some major urban areas.  The features and functionality of their service and equipment falls short of my previous provider.  If I had it to do over I would still be with AT&T paying a lower monthly fee and enjoying superior coverage and service.

Live and learn...and learn I will.  When my agreement with Verizon expires, I will definitely not be renewing (just like they chose not to do with TWC).  I hope the move to discontinue TWC reaped Verizon significant financial benefits.  They'll need  it to make up for the customers they've disappointed and will eventually lose.

I only wish I had the same freedom to change my mind mid-contract as they have.  I'm tired of their unfair practice, substandard service, abysmal coverage and lame channel lineups. 

Consider me gone as soon as I can be.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Kls955
Enthusiast - Level 1
I watch the weather channel all the time and I'm extremely disappointed it got removed. I check channel 49 for the weather every day and couldn't believe it wasn't there this morning. I also often watch the weather channel at night for not just their weather programming but some of the other shows on the channel. I would like Verizon to reconsider their decision. AccuWeather just doesn't do it for me. It might be time for me to reconsider my contract with Verizon.
AJWhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dropping the Weather Channel is unacceptable.  We just got through (I hope) a terrible winter in D.C. I woke up every day to the Weather Channel to see what the disruptions in my schedule would be.  I have a beach house. There is no substitute for the Weather Channel for hurricane coverage.  During hurricane season, nothing competes with the Weather Channel.  I now must dis-entangle myself from Verizon.  In the meantime, I am discouraging everyone I know from signing on with Verizon Fios.  Big mistake to have done so.

lglas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree!  I am furious that the Weather channel has been dropped.  It is my favorite channel and I am seriously considering dropping verizon