Re: The Weather Channel
JD801
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to say, Verizon handled this poorly to say the least.

First of all, they knew this was going to happen. Yet, this morning, we had no local weather to replace WeatherScan, and there is no definite timeframe for its replacement.

Second, the Accuweather replacement is atrocious from a video and audio quality standpoint. It appears to be internet-streamed, with poor buffering.

Regardless of what Verizon says, I have to believe that the fact that Comcast owns NBC which owns the Weather Channel has more to do with this than anything else.

Weather Channel
rclc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We're very disappointed that the Weather Channel has not been renewed.  We not only watch it for the weather each day, but also many of the shows.  Hoping this is a temporary situation. 

gumby7448
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree with everyone, Accuweather sucks and I want weatherscan back!  The WC is far more informative than AW by far-- how about during the recent snow???  The WC is there with you, giving you far more information and weather related stories!  THERE IS NO COMPARISON.  BRING TWC BACK AND WEATHERSCAN NOW I DO NOT PAY OVER $200 for crappy AW!  AND NO NOTIFICATION?  What, VZ is saving money with AW or something???  Yes, I know, it's cheaper for VZ so more money can go into PAYING EXECUTIVES MORE TO KEEP THEIR COST OF LIVING HIGH AND HIGHER!  And pay every other employee the same!!!!

BRING BOTH CHANNELS BACK  NOW OR I WILL BE LEAVING AS WELL.  HELL, YOU WILL JUST PASS ANY HIGHER COSTS ONTO US ANYWAY.  BELIEVE ME I KNOW SOME OF YOUR EXECUTIVES AND they are talking!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: The weather channel
madd_hadder
Enthusiast - Level 1

We already pay too much for cable, now Verizon starts diluting our service by removing very basic channels?  Bring back the weather channel or I will purchase my programming elsewhere.

Re: Weather Channel gone
dsg1110
Enthusiast - Level 1

I AGREE!!!!!  I thought there was something wrong with the guide, but logon to Verizon and find out they have ousted THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!  I am so disappointed I will be looking for a new carrier.

FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Comparing the so-called "Widget' on channel 49 to Weatherscan, Verizon, are you kiddin' me?

This widget is a joke. No, it's actually an insult.

I understand that Verizon may not be willing to accept higher fees from channels - but on the other hand, Verizon is expecting US - the CUSTOMERS - to swallow heft price-hikes every two years - when OUR agreements expire...

So if we are expected to keep on paying, Verizon should keep on providing great service - and this 'widget' is a POS - sorry, but that's just how it is.

I also think that this widget has always been available before - so this is no 'replacement' in the first place....

Brijan3661
Enthusiast - Level 1

ACCUWEATHER is awful, The Weather Channel is so much more.  The people on here are BORING.  TWC is so much more informative there coverage is excellent and thier people at least entertain.  What will we do when big storms come these people need to be blown off the air by a storm becaus I do not think they are ready to present us with GOOD weather forcasting.  I will not renew contract if TWC is not returned tothe line up...

barrykeystone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Taking TWC off the air without notice to customers shows little to no regard towards us, YOUR CUSTOMERS.  Without the The Weather Channel, it is highly unlikely that we will renew our contract and stay with Fios.  It is unfortunate but this is a deal breaker.  We are very disappointed in Verizon's leadership.

Re: Weather Channel
chestersmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Bring back the Weather Channel.  Accuweather is awful.

wwwjjj

Wasn't this the problem last year ??   I'm so glad my contract is very near to the end!

The Weather Channel was very much a part of my daily viiewing for the local Weather, news and Other shows-

Accu Weather S U C K S  the reception is H O R R I B L E  and Iwon't be using  "The Widgets"

whilst I'm complaining - A G A I N- What is up with the SLOOOOOW Fios speeds?  Are ya'all trying to sell some other piece of equipment to your customers? 

0 Likes