Re: Bring Back The Weather Channel
Redhorse121
Enthusiast - Level 2

We can only make this such a huge deal that Verizon brings TWC back!!  I cannot believe it!!  What they are offering is such crap AND.... we have to listen to 2-3 minutes of commercials every few minutes to boot.

Come on Verizon - you are about to loose costomers.  Get your head on straight.

ACCUWeather generic city by city simple forecast (repeated endlessly over and over again) over TWC's comprehensive coast to coast coverage---- YOU ARE KIDDING, Really????   Not to mention we are stll paying the same momthly cost!

Re: Weather Channel gone
DonQ2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat, just renewed and committed until 10/16 they want $200.00 to cancel. Customer service on this matter is a joke. More and more channels are becoming an upgrade. I also am a community leader and need the local weather from The Weather Channel. Yet there are endless commercials selling Verizon packages at about half of what i am paying along with a $200.00 gift card. I wonder if COMCAST  will buy out my contract? Any body have their number handy?

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
packyderm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I have mostly stopped watching the Weather Channel because of it's non-weather programming and overhyping every little winter cold front with some stupid storm name, Accuweather seems to be a pretty poor replacement.

If the Verizon's reasoning can be believed, they say that the weather information on the Weather Channel can easily be replaced by other sources.  It's the Accuweather format that they switched to that can be most easily replaced.  At least with the Weather Channel, you could get some live looks at weather around the country and maybe even some explanation about the science behind the weather, which you don't get in an app on your phone.  All the Accuweather channel seems to do is just have people read the graphics that are already on the screen... "High of 55, low of 34", which is exactly the information that is easily accesed via other sources. Accuweather's format also seems to be just a bunch of disjointed, pre-recorded clips.  And as much as they tell us that Accuweather is hyper-local, all I seem to see most of the time in the way over-sized graphics around the video is forcasts for other cities that I couldn't care less about.

I think what I will miss the most is the Weatherscan.  It was convenient to be able to quickly pop over to channel 49 and get a view of the local radar to see what was going on, or about to.  Now there's nothing there and the weather bug app is a poor replacement.

While the Weather Channel has gone downhill and I don't watch it nearly as much as I used to, it's still better than Accuweather's channel.  Weather Nation would have been a better replacement.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel gone?
Crodl
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree. I got the most for my money with "The Weather Channel". Just another example of my vios subscription costing more and more and in return, I receive less and less quality programming content. Way to go Verizon, keep up the good work. AccuWeather = AccuCrap = Time for Direct TV.
0 Likes
Re: weatherchannel
eagles340
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please give us back the WEATHER CHANNEL !!!!!

0 Likes
eagles340
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please give us back the WEATHER CHANNEL !!!!!

Redhorse121
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's about 499 posts at this point.  Not one that I have read is positive, not one!! 

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THEM.  To remove TWC was such a poor decision.  Who in their "executive" offices made that choice?  I wonder?  It was made for purely financial reasons I am sure.  The contract expired and they didn't want to pay more.  So they just blew it off and put some generic crap in it's place.  BUT, we are paying the same monthly services aren't we, of course we are.

I am outraged!!

Hey Verizon, wake up!  Listen to your costomers!!!

0 Likes
WadeR

Thank God!  Maybe we can start getting weather and stop getting stupid reality shows and lectured about global warming.  About time verizon!

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
smitty16521
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please reinstate the Weather Channel.  This was the first program I watched in the morning to check the weather plus the entire family enjoyed their programming. I think removing this was a mistake...

Crodl
Enthusiast - Level 1
My wife and I watched Weather Channel everyday with our morning coffee. Our family is spread out over the country. The Weather Channel was QUALITY programming!