Re: The Weather Channel
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I have to agree with most in saying Accu Weather is awful. I watched some yeaseterday just to give it a try. Not well done at all. Although the weather girl that was on at that time had nice big...................

The weather widget isn't good either. It takes too long to load up and does not give you very good information. I just sort of lucked up and found the radar. I tried to find it agian this morning without any luck. This is no replacement at all for Weatherscan. Weatherscan was what I watched the most. It was very helpful in helping guide me through the week in weather. Good local forecast that was informative and yet concise. Also a good radar that showed the movement of pecipitation through your area.  I really hadn't watched the Weather Channel on 619 very much. They had drifted into the reality show world and wasn't what they used to be. But Weather Scan was a part of them and I really am going to miss that. In the end not a good decision by Verizon to pull this channel. I suspect it will lead to others to jump ship when their contracts are up like mine is in June. 

Re: Weather Channel gone
Redhorse121
Enthusiast - Level 2

DonQ, Don't get me started on customer service!!  I jsut spend 45 minutes tring to get someone to help me register and login to the forum.  Was transferred 5 times!!!  In 45 minutes i figured it out on my our.

As far as TWC is concerned, I am absolutely outraged.  How in their right mind...

Verizon - READ MY LIPS (POST) - BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!

0 Likes
retiredteacher2

I agree. Bring back the Weather Channel. That was programming, not some poorly crafted TV information that does not even come in clearly. Accuweather is meant for quick information and the reporters are too histrionic.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel gone
DonQ2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to Facebook and like The Weather Channel page, there is a link to the Verizon executive page, some of the executive's contact information including a link to their e-mail is there. I cut and pasted an e-mail i sent to Verizon............. just saying if they get buried in e-mail........

Weather Channel
alwarner
Enthusiast - Level 1

So with Verizon's arrogant response that they know what we need and we don't, do they really expect us to like them.  Seems like one more argument to support the FTC and regulate these guys!

Goldie56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, AccuWeather is horrible, no local weather, it keeps breaking up.  I can't watch it at all.

And, while I never watched the Weatherchannel, I always watched Weatherscan on channel 49.  I miss it so much. 

IrishLady911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree!!! I watched TWC all the time and relied on it in the mornings. I had up to date traffic information for LOCAL areas, which is very important. VERIZON MESSED UP by NOT ASKING CUSTOMERS!!

Miche_Bag_Lady
Enthusiast - Level 1

When we first signed up with Verizon, we were ecstatic!  We even told others how much better the service is over Cox, but no more!  Our contract is up for renewal in April, but we're planning on letting our landline and cable service go, and switching to Cox Internet.  I'm ready to get rid of cable anyway, and their canceling The Weather Channel and Weatherscan just confirms the decision.  I can Chromecast all the tv shows we want using Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, etc.  Note to Verizon.....You don't compete for customers by canceling their favorite channels!

IrishLady911
Enthusiast - Level 2

AccuWeather is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE substitute for The Weather Channel. It circulates between nationwide information, doesn't give local information, not to mention the supposed meteorologists on the show are lacking personalities. I subscribed to Fios for the choices I was given in channels, including TWC. I enjoyed the PROGRAMMING it offered its viewers, which was much more than just the weather. Bring back The Weather Channel, or this household will be finding another carrier for both television and internet.

amburke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hilarious to see that some  people think verizon will actually "pass the savings on" as a result of this switch. WRONG! The savings go in their pockets and the customers pay the same with less content. And get ready for more **bleep** from verizon....

"Verizon said it has committed to reducing overall content costs in 2015 and beyond"

We liked the "fluff" that was on the weather channel, as well as the information on what was going on in other parts of the country/world.

This is the icing on the cake that confirms we will be changing services, TG our contract is up!!!!  and that calls for a Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes