Re: Weather Channel gone
IrishLady911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don Q, you might want to post the link. It looks like Verizon is going to get buried.

0 Likes
Loss of the Weather Channel
AFRet85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I resent the loss of the Weather Channel.  You repaced it with ACCUWeather which takes up one third of the screen on the left side with nationwide city weather which has no concern to me.  The same applies to about one fifth of the bottom of the screen.  There is no weather coverage like the Weather Channel and you have given your customers a gross injustice by

not providing that service.  I am imbedded with everything I use via Verizon: TV, Internet, Telephone, iPhone, and iPad.  I

trusted your providing me with great service and I feel that I have really and truely been "Ripped Off".  Bring back the Weather Channel.  Profiteering at the expense of providing poor subscriber service is not the way to go.  This action has

given Verizon a bad name for future subscriber actions.

Re: Weather scan channel 49
swampfox1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The change from the Weather Channel to Accuweather is like changing from providing gold too providing coal.  Although I'm still paying the same on my plan, this is a huge downgrade in your offerings.  The Weather Channel provided weather plus, and not just the amateur hour that appears on accuweather.

The weather Channel and STB Price Increase
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

We are certainly getting less and have to pay more.  The accuweather channel is horrible and now we have to pay $1 per STB increase.  

This is terrible.

Re: The Weather Channel
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon messed up BIG TIME on this one.  We had no notice that this was going to happen before the day it happened. Is this how you treat your customers?  Do you think this will help your retention rates?  The fact is that Verizon only cares about the bottom line.  Less / cheaper programming and with no consideration of their customers.  Do the right thing for once and bring back The Weather Channel!

Funny thing is, I just received a notice for several sports channels being revmoved a month from now.  I wonder why there wasn't a notice like that for the Weather Channel?  Oh, yeah, maybe it is because Verizon really doesn't care what their customers think.  Like one of the Verizon's executives said yesterday about the removal of the Weather Channel: "It is a decision, NOT a dispute".  Sounds like the Weather Channel is gone for good. Especially since Verizon is in bed with AccuWeather.

Once my contract is up, Comcast here I come!

Re: The Weather Channel
JDMangin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with those who want The Weather Channel to be reinstated on the Fios lineup.

I was shocked to find an impersonal and sudden email casually stating that Fios is dropping a cable staple.

For me, The Weather Channel is one of the few channels I ever watch. By far, TWC is my favorite all around station, especially during active weather seasons such as this past winter.

Retrieving weather information from my IPhone is great- but it only serves as a supplement to my primary means of obtaining forecasting from the on screen meteorologists. 

I understand that there are business considerations regarding carriage fees- however I am hard pressed to understand how negotiations could become intractable and prompt a service continuation.

Verizon Chanel Changes
mcpaulbeck
Enthusiast - Level 2

No thanks for eliminating the Weather Channel, and notifying us after the fact.  Today a new email arrived announcing yet more channels being deleted.  We are getting increaingly less for nothing in return.  In fact, all you do it keep trying to sell us faster connections when FiOS is supposed to be the best there is already.  We are not amused nor pleased with the direction you are taking.  I guess now that you have sold us, we are seeing where that will take us.

While I'm here, I signed in today to find messages that my router didn't have the most secure settings, and that my contract was up for newewal.  I thought I had previously checked the router settings, but did so again following your "instructions".  Of course the instructions were not complete as the last page I tried to bring up said "the page cannot be displayed".  Do you ever use your own site?  It is abysmal.  When I did the changes you instructed, and signed in again, I got the same message so who knows if I have truly upgraded my encryption or not.

Sadly the contract is not up for renewal, so that message is incorrect, and that is too bad as I would be seriously rethinking that about now.

swampfox1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The change from the weather channel to accuweather is akin to the difference between the major leagues and the little league--Accuweather is amateurish, while the weather channel not only provided wieather but also provided an education in meterology and weather studies and offers other shows involving weather.  Verizon has seriously downgraded my service for the same price I was paying.  Does anyoone know if verizon competitors carry the weather channel?

Re: Bring back the Weather Channel!
georovertx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like many others, I am very disappointed that Verizon dropped The Weather Channel. I did not use the channel to actually check the weather very often since I do have a smartphone with weather apps, including Accuweather. The Weather Channel has some fantastic programs unrelated to the weather and these are what I watched. It is not an equitable replacement to now get a weather only channel. My agreement is up for renewal now and I am seriously considering cancelling my service.

jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

ALL major providers carry the Weather Channel including Cox, Comcast, TWC, Brighthouse, DirectTV, Dish Network, and numerous other smaller outlets.  The only larget company NOT to have the Weather Channel is Verizon.

Bring back the Weather Channel!