Re: The Weather Channel
swampfox1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know whether comcast carries the Weather Channel--THe Veriz0oon decision to downgrade their services for the same price has made me reconsider my decision to go with Verizon's Triple Play. It appears verizon is increasingly providing less for the same price or even more. Fortunately, my house is set up for having either Comcast or Verizon and this may just be the last straw.

0 Likes
bobelon

MORE CORPORATE AMERICA SHENANIGANS. MOST OF VERIZON'S CUSTOMERS  WILL SIMPLY GO ALONG WITH THE LOSS OF THE WEATHER CHANNEL. WHO IS WINNING DANCING WITH THE STARS IS MORE IMPORTANT. MOST OF COASTAL AMERICA IS GLUED TO  TWC   FOR SAFETY INFORMATION DURING WEATHER EVENTS. TWC HAS UNDOUBTEDLY SAVED LIVES OVER THE YEARS, BUT VERIZONS PROFIT MARGINS ARE MORE IMPORTANT , THAN THE SAFETY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE WEATHER CHANNEL. UNLESS VERIZON REINSTATE TWC, I WILL BE SAYING GOODBYE TO ALL MY ACCOUNTS, TO THE TUNE OF $300 A MONTH. I AM TIRED OF BEING PUSHED AROUND BY CORPORATE BULLYING.

0 Likes
Re: Weather scan channel 49 and Weather channel 619
GREATDANEMOM1
I want the Weather Channel and ?Weather Scan back. AccuWeather and Weather Bug are a joke! A third world country could produce better programs!!!
0 Likes
Stevesvp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring back The Weather Channel!  AccuWeather is an awful channel, and no substitute for the live in depth reporting provided by The Weather Channel.  Highway Thru Hell was in its fourth season, and now I won't be able to complete the season. 

It was also very rude to send a message about the elimination of The Weather Channel on the same day it was removed!  No advance warning, no opportunity for comment, just suddenly it is gone.  This is really bad Customer Service!

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
TheRambler1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed

We need The Weather Channel back!

acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, please bring back The Weather Channel.  I work for a utility company and the weather is the center of my life.  I find this channel with the most valuable information anytime.  Music is very relaxing, information is superior to any other.  This long time customer may be switching to another cable, internet provider when they start pulling great channels like this one.  Very bad move for Verizon

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
jacktig1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon. In all due respect to Verizon we would like to give our opinion concerning the "Weather Channel"! There are probably a lot of people that feel as we do. We would like to see the Weather Channel back for our viewing pleasure. When we came to Verizon that was one of the reasons we liked the services we had. Why wouldn't you ask your clients? We are paying your bills and giving you quite a profit each year! If it were not for all of your Verizon viewers where would Verizon be?? We love 619 and also channel 49 that gave an overview of weather. Regardless of the actual reason please hear what the people are saying. We want the weather channel back. We do feel a certain connection to all who work on the channel. In bad weather, in serious situations we have always counted on them to give us even what our local stations don't give us. I have relatives in other states who call me or text me and say "I was listening to the weather channel" and want to know if you are ok!! We do listen! We have many means of getting the weather and other information however we really enjoy the weather station so much or else I wouldn't be writing this letter as like everyone else we are busy people. It's just good business to listen to your customers! Take care, please listen to your customers!! Thank you and God Bless, {edited for privacy}

gtoye
Enthusiast - Level 1

Count me in.  Frankly, I usually get my weather from websites anyway.  However, I enjoy the programming on TWC such as the Coast Guard shows, Why Planes Crash, etc.  AccuWeather is no substitute for those.  I pay Verizon for entertainment and they are effectively removing some of my entertainment choices.

TWC change to Accuweather
marcgem

Verizon and its "business decisions"! Customers NOT its priority. Weatherscan 49, my primary weather outlet, was easy to read, clear and concise.  Then, for complete coverage, 119, the parent channel. Now I have to punch "widget" and/or "C" button to get what was displayed routinely by TWC. This change, in addition to the poor service fiasco last week, pushes me toward Comcast. BTW, Comcast reps have actually come to my door to get me to change. The "terrific" new deal Verizon is trying to sell me at contract end is $50 more per month for the same services I now have (SOME GREAT DEAL, HUH?! AND, I DON'T WANT AT LEAST 3/4 OF THE CHANNELS THEY NOW PUSH ON ME!  GET RID OF ACCUWEATHER AND BRING BACK TWC!

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
captsnug1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We both watch the weather channel every day.  it is not just the weather.  We love storm stories, survival stories etc. every night.  When there is a storm we watch it continuously. We do not have a smart phone, to watch the weather channel.   We want the WEATHER CHANNEL back on VERIZON.