Switch Account

The Weather Channel

SOLVED
Contributor Alyce
Contributor
Message 561 of 1,977
(1,008 Views)

I am not happy with Verizon for taking the weather channel off the air. I watch the weather channel every daty and enjoy all the extra informational segments about weather.  I feel that Verizon is being cheap to us customers but willing to charge plenty for all the channels we do not want to watch such as shopping channels.  The accu weather is a poor substitue.

Copper Contributor uncle2000mike
Copper Contributor
Message 562 of 1,977
(1,032 Views)

You must be kidding. Accuweather has no local forecast unless you want to wait 15 minutes. The weather channel had the forecast on the bottom of the screen. I could live without the local on the 8's on the HD channel even though I want it also. That is a small price to pay to keep the weather channel. Verizon will not lower our rates no matter what you think.

Contributor Stevesvp
Contributor
Message 563 of 1,977
(1,028 Views)
Comcast has a financial interest in The Weather Channel, so TWC should be on a Comcast system.
Contributor dumbfounded
Contributor
Message 564 of 1,977
(1,018 Views)

well said.  I am in total agreement

Contributor Mauibound2
Contributor
Message 565 of 1,977
(1,013 Views)

Can't stand Accuweather!  It's never right where I live!  Believe it or not I did watch The Weather Channel loved Prospectors.  Please bring back THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

Contributor dumbfounded
Contributor
Message 566 of 1,977
(1,077 Views)

At best, this was a very poor business decision.  Verizon will lose a big chunk of their customer base.  This decision shows very little consideration of the customer's needs.  The weather channel provided a service.  It was very well done and I was on every day to get my child ready for school, and to plan my own itinerary.  Accu weather is insulting.

So Verizon, you let us all down.  Who got paid to make this decision?

Contributor DoctorBill
Contributor
Message 567 of 1,977
(1,003 Views)

I wasn't particularly a TWC fan, but the substitute channel has no audio track, at least not where I live (Media, PA 19063). 

Yes, the other channels work fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Contributor joeyrabbit
Contributor
Message 568 of 1,977
(1,041 Views)

I have NO WEATHER CHANNEL in my TV line up... one of the requirements I had for my Internet/TV provider was The Weather Channel and now it is dropped?  I am calling other providers in my area today, and broken contract or not, will be switching.

Verizon, this is a bait and switch tactic and BAD for business.  I'm out.

Contributor jojo12
Contributor
Message 569 of 1,977
(1,073 Views)

I agree, we rely on the Weather Channel throughout the year. Verizon is wrong to discontinue. I will be one to cancel my service if it's not brought back.

Highlighted
Contributor martha30
Contributor
Message 570 of 1,977
(1,006 Views)

I agree! I don't use many of the channels I pay for but I do count on the weather channel. I am annoyed that the notice came from an address that doesn't accept replies and there isn't any place on the verizon website to tell them what we want. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.