Re: The Weather Channel
arlva1
Enthusiast - Level 1

1)  49, weatherscan, is one of the most useful channels: major loss

2) the Verizon e-mail is an insult to the intelligence of every customer;  the e-mail directly contradicts itself, claiming that Verizon has dropped TWC because no one gets weather info that way, but then tells us it will be replaced by another weather channel;  we all know it involves a pricing dispute.  just say so.

3) Verizon and Comcast both need to wake up to the new world of home entertainment.  We're all getting fed up with being treated so shabbily, with being overcharged, and with the appalling lack of real choice.  The "packages" consist primarily of bloat channels.  The cable companies better come up with ways to tailor packages to customers, without wasting our time (and money) on channels we never watch.  For some people, that might mean no TWC, for others it will mean no shopping channels.  I guess most of us would be happy to get rid of movie channels that still run commercials (lots of commercials).  

4)  Why is home internet service both slower and more expensive in the US than in Europe?  Every other electronics-related product is much cheaper here (even allowing for VAT).  

TWC controversy may very well provide a defining moment for the future of cable in the US.  

Ronmary
We are extremely disappointed about Verizon FiOS dropping the Weather Channel. It would have been appreciated if Verizon contacted it's customers that they were considering dropping the channel instead of sending an email at 2 AM letting us know of your decision. I do not find AccuWeather comparable in any way to the Weather Channel and the argument that you can access weather information on mobile devices as a reason for dropping the Weather Channel is not a valid reason for dropping the Weather Channel. Shame on you Verizon for once again putting your needs over those of your customers wishes.....
0 Likes
NEW ACCU WEATHER IS GREAT
anthonybh

I THINK ACCU WEATHER IS MUCH BETTER THEN WEATHER CHANNEL. TOO MUCH SHOW BUSINESS WITH THE

WEATHER CHANNEL. ACCU WEATHER IS MUCH MORE ACCURATE. I ALWAYS WENT ON LINE FOR ACCU WEATHER. WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL BY THE TIME THEY GET DONE WITH THE DRAMATICS YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE WEATHER WAS.  GOOD MOVE VERIZON.

0 Likes
RangerG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the Weather Channel!   When there is severe weather, the Weather Channel with dedicated doppler radar is a lifeline when you are hunkered down and trying to decide if you should heard the family into the basement.   I get the "financial decision", but sometimes it's all about what is in the best interests of your customers and what they have come to depend on.  Stop thinking with the financial balance sheet and talk to your customers before you make major decisions like this!  A poll first would have been a smart move...   Sorry to have to say it...but "someone" made a bone headed decision" and Verizon is going to get a LOT of flack over it.   But then again...hard line TV providers seem to care very little about the customer.

0 Likes
Re: I want the Weather Channel Back
LynnH1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accuweather is inferior to The Weather Channel.  Bad move.  I want The Weather Channel back.

Mimi121

I agree please re-instate The Weather channel. 

Am thinking of looking for another provider. Customers were not consulted about this. We do have a choice!

0 Likes
Miss the Weather Channel
jboyle8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the Weather Channel...love the information, love the people and love the format.

weather channel drop
jrm841
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am gettng tired of Fios dropping channels like the weater channel. The  accu weather replacement is a joke.

If Weather channel doesn't get put back on I will be changing providers.

Now 3 sports channels are beimg removed unless you buy a more expensive package.

Re: Miss the Weather Channel
PFirrincili
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there anything that can be done to bring it back? FIOS is not cheap. Weather Channel is well respected and important, providing information across the country and helpful for traveling. 

Mumzie1

I used to rely on Channel 49 before I went out the door to check the radar. I don't like Accuweather, there is no longer local radar available when I need it. Also I don't need to know what the weather is like in New York when I'm not going there. I also do not have a smart phone. I could get radar information on my desktop computer, but that takes a while. We just renewed our contract with verizon and if we had known you were going to drop The Weather Channel, we might have had a different decision. I wasn't always happy with all the reality TV on the Weather channel,but it is 100% better than Accuweather. I miss my instant radar for local weather. I can judge when the snow will be here or when it will stop raining etc. Someone telling me it's going to rain today just doesn't cut it.

0 Likes