Re: The Weather Channel GONE??
steve_o_2
Enthusiast - Level 3

ABSOLUTELY! This is a clear breach of contract. I am fortunate I do not even have to worry about this, as my renewal date is mid-April. I was wondering why all of the pressure to renew. Now I know!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel GONE??
steve_o_2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it's a breach of contract.

Re: Local weather channel 49
adwilbanks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back the local weather radar and forecast.  This is my family's go to channel... 

Re: The Weather Channel
steveg013
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Weather Channel 49 with its up to date reporting, personalities such as Cantore, Alex Wilson, Schwartz... are an integral part of my viewing.  There's no channel I watch more.  Accuweather is a sorry excuse, absolutely worthless!  One of the main reasons I subscribed to FIOS was because TWC was included.  My phones, internet and TV are all provided by Verizon.  I am presently searching for another provider that includes the Weather Channel.  Upon joining another provider, Verizon will have lost all my business.  I've been a loyal customer who promptly pays his monthly bills.

You may believe that your ill conceived action will be saving you money.  You should not think that you can arbitrarily remove vital programming without consequences.  You would be well advised to consider the rapidly expanding number of disgruntled paying customers.  We will find a provider who is responsive to our needs.  We will quit Verizon entirely.  If you have given any thought to retaining TWC, I would advise you to do so quickly, before the mass exodus begins.

The excellence of TWC is not matched by any other of its kind.  The accomplished and dedicated meteorologists there have become as extended family to many of us.  We rely on their knowledge.  They are dependable.   Show me anyone whose weather passion comes anywhere close to the stratosphere of Jim Cantore!  I won't belabor the point.  

PLEASE BRING BACK TWC NOW!!

The Weather Channel
rottiesx2

I am very upset that the The Weather Channel is no longer available on my Fios TV lineup.  I used this channel on a daily basis to check for daily weather and during severe weather conditions, channel 49.  By having the TWC in my channel line up it afforded me easy access to immediate real time weather radar for my area as well as a extended forecast for just my area; I do not need to know real time weather in California as I am in Virginia.  The replacement is not accurate at all and does not provide me with a easy access real time radar.  So in short the WeatherBug and Accuweather suck!   I enjoy my Fios TV but Comcast is just a phone call away.

0 Likes
Weather channel discontinued
weatherless

Shame on you for deciding to replace the weather channel with accuweather.  You definitely got what you're paying for, a subpar presentation and we the viewer no longer can get instant local updated radar, daily preditions and professional people who care about what is happening all over the country, not someone who is standing in front of a map reading a printout.

The people who made this decision must live in a high-rise apartments, never having to worry about snow, rain or having to fend for themselves during a hurricane.  What is wrong with you decision makers, not everyone walks around with a smartphone, which could easily be out of working order during a storm. 

Please bring back the weather channel and the local channel 49, your really messed this one up.

0 Likes
disgustedinnj1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bad enough Verizon Fios doesn't have anything that compares to News12 on Cablevision, and now losing the Weather Channel.  It's back to Cablevision for us!

Re: Change in weather stations
horsehowl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I agree with everyone - the new 'accuweather' is terrible.  I too hate it.  It is useless - the information they give is for everywhere but where I live.  

When I switched to fios from cable I was assured I would receive ALL channels I always had on cable.  The Weather Channel is one of them and I want it back.  You can keep your inferior accuweather channel!  I want to be able to wake up with Sam Champion's AMHQ, I want the local on the 8's and I want to be able to gain some education from their experts.

The Weather Channel offers much more than just what's happening outside at the moment.

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here! I learned to live without news 12 painfully but the weather channel is the final straw. When im just channel surfing or looking fro local info these 2 are my default channels Accu weather and fios 1 dont cut it, both look like they were created with some 1990's software. and havee\ no content im going back to optimum on friday morning if the weather channel isnt back! Save some money too!

Re: NEW ACCU WEATHER IS GREAT
rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

ah so the president of verizon speaks!

0 Likes