Accuweather NO GOOD!!!!!!!!
jbmarb
Enthusiast - Level 1

RENEW The Weather Channel.  I will not renew with Verizon this August even though I really dislike COMCAST.  At least COMCAST has the weather channel.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
dwiener
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am so shocked and angry they yanked the Weather Channel with out any notice. I've been watching regularly for 25 years, not only for weather in my area but during severe weather outbreaks  in other areas of the country where family members reside. I watch programming at night of my favorite the Alaska shows. I am a weather nerd and this was my favorite channel that is on everyday. I want it reinstated asap. If I could get out of this contract today I would. Count on one less Verizon customer when it is up and that will be soon! 

@-jimc wrote:

I subscribed to FiOS TV partly because it had The Weather Channel.  If it didn't have TWC I would not have subscribed.

Now Verizon tells us that they are dropping TWC, and gives some corporate-speak malarkey for an explanation.  This was done secretly, with no notice.

Now I have a TV service, with a two-year contract, that is pretty much worthless to me.

Unless this gets settled real quickly, I will be canceling my FiOS services.  I expect to be able to do so without a penalty, since they are no longer providing what they promised.  I'm sure that somewhere in some fine print they have given themselves the right to do whatever they want.

There are also lots of avenues for complaints against Verizon, such as the PSC and the local franchise grantor (usually your local government).  I'll be complaining about this everywhere I can.  If you are unhappy about the loss of TWC, I hope you do so as well.

-jimc

@-jimc wrote:

I subscribed to FiOS TV partly because it had The Weather Channel.  If it didn't have TWC I would not have subscribed.

Now Verizon tells us that they are dropping TWC, and gives some corporate-speak malarkey for an explanation.  This was done secretly, with no notice.

Now I have a TV service, with a two-year contract, that is pretty much worthless to me.

Unless this gets settled real quickly, I will be canceling my FiOS services.  I expect to be able to do so without a penalty, since they are no longer providing what they promised.  I'm sure that somewhere in some fine print they have given themselves the right to do whatever they want.

There are also lots of avenues for complaints against Verizon, such as the PSC and the local franchise grantor (usually your local government).  I'll be complaining about this everywhere I can.  If you are unhappy about the loss of TWC, I hope you do so as well.

-jimc

Re: Accuweather NO GOOD!!!!!!!!
treyspen

I could not agree more, this is such a **bleep** move by verizon. 

I plan to switch to directTV this summer once my contract runs out! 

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel Saves Lives
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyone is missing one major point. THE WEATHER CHANNEL SAVES LIVES. During Huricane Sandy's visit to the New York Region I had TWC on at least 1 TV 24/7. I know of several families that left their homes during the storm because reports from TWC about rising water live. This channel should be classified as a public resource channel and as such untouchable as a must carry station.

Re: The Weather Channel Saves Lives
rlavach
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, this is not an option. I have already contacted via live chat & will lodge my complaint here also, although I doubt anyone will read it. #BringBackTWC The lame accuweather crap that you put up does NOT compare. The Weather Channel has a high level of accuracy in comparison to others & is my go to. Growing up in Northern NJ, severe weather is common & we rely on TWC daily. You are losing customers left & right. 

While this wasn't mentioned in your email, I actually like the several reality shows that TWC runs. Weather is not always severe. So during those off times, it's nice to see something else. 

Re: The Weather Channel
dwiener
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am shocked and infuriated that Verizon just yanked my favorite channel without any notice whatsoever. What is the matter with you??? I've been watching The Weather Channel 25 years since it started. Its on EVERY day, and I keep track of weather of family members in other states. I love the non-weather programming as well, and watch every night.
Accuweather? Are you seriously kidding me? I will never watch that - its cheap and cheesy. Is this how you respect your customers? Its certainly not good business. If I could ditch Verizon today, I would. Put back our Weather Channel or you will lose another customer As Soon As the contract ends. And that is SOON

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!
vonerden
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon customers pay WAY TOO MUCH for Verizon to provide such poor programming as Accu-Weather!!!!!!!!  BRING THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK.  There is nothing else that needs to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nextstop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is driving me to watch more and more on my computer.   The Verizon line up is becoming irrelivant. The Weather Channel had the ONLY good coverage of this season's snow storms and always the best coverage before and after hurricanes and tornados.   This Accuweather is no different than my local weather channel.  This is another reason that I refuse to upgrade my equipment....I refuse to be locked in to a contract. 

Re: BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!
Hampster24
Enthusiast - Level 2

This to me constitutes a breach of contract. Comcast here I come!

Hampster24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe that Verizon has broken the contract with its customers by removing such a popular channel. Let's all call the Board of Public Utilities and see if they agree! Comcast here I come.