Re: BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!
jimboharv
Enthusiast - Level 1

they never told me that they were removing the weather channel. I watch if everyday and the programs, coast guard alaska etc. bring it back or customers will leave fiostv

Re: The Weather Channel
Ponderosa53
Enthusiast - Level 1
I wax appalled to see TWC was taken out of the line-up, and if is not returned I will change providers. Yes, there are apps for the forecast, but in reality, my family watches the channel for on-location front line reporting. Having lived in several of the areas impacted by major weather coca ranches (the string on winter storms that hit Boston most recently) I count on this information. To the powers that be at Verizon, I know you ate counting on customer inertia, but this " decision" will not be without customer loss.
BigPaul1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree  Accuweather  stinks  my wife and I are very angry and disappointed with Verizon !!  I will look into  Comacast when my contract expires this Summer...  Bring back the Weather Channel

pina220
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very unhaapy about the loss of the Weather Channel. Just watching a little of the Accuweather, I don't feel I will experience the same depth of analysis and expertise of reporting I have enjoyed with the Weather Channel. I certainly miss the quick update on the weather and radar map that I enjoyed on channel 49. I want the Weather Channel back. 

frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still really {word filter avoidance} about this and Verizon in General. Saw somewhere that it cost $.13 per sub for this channel. I pay close to $300 per month for my services. You think they could drop some of worthless channels that no one watches. If this does not return I will be looking to switch the 100's of smart phones we have with Verizon to another carrier at my place of work and look to see where else I can eliminate them. I fear the joke is on us "customers"

Re: I MISS THE WEATHER CHANNEL. I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
toolebox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verxon took what I use and gave me nothing in return. Accuweather? Like I said, nothing in return. When I wake up in the AM the first thing I did was click on Weatherscan (49). Then I knew whether to take an umbrella, if I needed to hurry up and mow, or plant if rain was on going to show up, or even when I needed to hit the road,  TWC (49 and 119) were the only truly useful channels Verizon had. Without TWC or Jon Stewart, what do I need to keep Verizon? I can switch to Roku lots, lots cheaper.

frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
oh and to add that .$13/sub is $8.7MM per year or a portion of the CEO's pay....
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
bcd1dlv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!  One of the main reasons that we pay for cable is to have the Weather Channel with local weather.  I don't need to know up to date reports on Washington, D.C.  Bring back the Weather Channel or I will be gone!

ThreeD007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK NOW OR ELSE! I am so upset with this bureacratic red tape from Corporate America...ok, so each month, contingent upon how Verizon feels and if the comparison that a channel fills a need for them or not, they send a message via FIOS mailbox or the back of a paper bill that advises a channel is either no longer available or being replaced. If I am not contacted to ask my stance or opinion about the impending change, why am I asked to contine to pay the same rate as if I have all the channels I had when I initially signed up? We pay an exorbitant amount for these packages and each month, the service offered decreases. I am considering asking the Board of Public Utilities a couple of questions about how to get a refund for all the channels they have taken away since I have signed up (they have only replaced about 10% of them). As Bobby Flay would say "Are you ready for a throwdown?"

kern16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sometimes The Weather Channel is the only thing I watch!

Please keep negotiations going and bring it back to FiOS.

I'm lost without it.

Jim Cantore is the best to watch during breaking weather and love when he's ribbing on Sam Champion.