Re: BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!
VZDidWhat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring back the weather channel and stop insulting your customers with the nonsense about how everyone accesses weather using different media. If that were the case no replacement would be necessary.  Negotiate with the Weather Channel and bring it back.

Re: The Weather Channel
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

what I found funny is the **bleep** email I got the night before about them cutting it.. their excuse was 'we don't need the Weather Channel anymore.. we have many other ways to get the weather'.. well no crap.. I have a smart tv and smartphone next to me all the time.. I watch the weather channel becuase I like the coverage and programming.. yeah even some of the programming from time to time..  I'm so freaking **bleep** at Acuweather being on instead.. I live in florida and it's literally taken me 25 minutes for them to rotate to the weather for my area..   I don't even like the Accuweather app on my TV..  I don't turn on the TV just to see a forecast and it's not up to them to tell me how to get my weather.. like I don't know I can sign on to this new phenomenon called.. what is it.. the internet?  and holy cow Verizon your'e telling me my smartphone can tell me the weather?? what kind of wizardry is this???  I get fliers from Xfinity every month almost and I never thought to look into them.. I don't need you to give me what others can...

by your reasoning Verizion I don't really need you anymore either.. I can get what I want from Xfinity, Roku or even the Fire tv that crazy Gary Busey is pushing with his seashell you plug into the TV...  and fairly soon i'm sure we'll be able to pay for the channels we want when we want them...

Xfninity i'm expecting the Weather channel to be on your next flier waiting in my mailbox...  and for once i may keep it and consider it...

VZDidWhat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring back the weather channel and stop insulting your customers with the nonsense about how everyone accesses weather using different media. If that were the case no replacement would be necessary.  Negotiate with the Weather Channel and bring it back.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Motie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have lived by weather channel for many years. In construction, and car wash business. Accuweather is terrible. Bring Back Weather Channel and Weather Scan

Pasmarba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WILL SWITCH BACK TO COMCAST IF I DONT GEt THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK!

I spend $300. a month on verizon. this is a slap in the face, has someone from verizon actually watched accu weather? it looks like 1989 weather. and there excuse that people use weather apps and widgets for there weather is **bleep** if that was true then why bother putting accu weather on? I actually like several progams on the weather channel and I cant stand the local channels. This is a bone head move by verizon and needs to be reversed. there are alot of unused channels to put accu weather on.

weather channel
jjd11

Sneaky {word filter avoidance} pulled the weather channel and thought they could replace it with some 2nd rate programming !! Shame on you Verizon for trying to get over on your loyal customers. I for one will not stand for it and I will be shopping for a new service provider . I 'm sure there are some very sweet deals out there these days.

0 Likes
Re: weather channel
Bamanative1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree. They are also pulling ACC channels and moving them to a higher package
0 Likes
The Weather Channel
MYgrammy
Enthusiast - Level 1

First you take away the Weather Channel, without reducing the price, then you take away 3 College Football channels without reducing the price, What's next?????  

I WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK.  AFTER THE WINTER WE HAVE HAD, WHO WAS THE GENIUS WHO THOUGHT THAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS DO NOT WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL?  WHOEVER IT WAS, GET RID OF THAT PERSON AND PUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK ON.  WE ARE DISCUSTED WITH VERIZON.

kpa1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with you. Besides weather, the weather channel had some good programs. As usual Verizon's rediculous explanation doesn't ring true. SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW!

0 Likes
72demon340

I found out the change last night when i came home from work and turn on the tv to the weather channel.This morning i called verizon and spoke to a customer service rep.He told me that this channel is here to stay.I told him that my kids watch this channel and they learn a lot about the weather.He did sympathise with me but there is nothing he could do about this.I guess the highly paid execs who has no regard to the hard working familys who pays average of $200 a month and this is how we are treated.I also wanted to say that the accu weather picture quality is poor when i told this to the customer service rep. he tells me that the accu weather is a internet streamed picture.go figure.. So i pay almost $200  for this....time to look in to Time warner cable....

0 Likes