Re: Weather channel
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

My contract is up in June.. we spend $3000 a year with them on our bundle and wireless.. 

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
MissingTWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

Dropping The Weather Channel??? That's way too bad. Boo...I do not applaud this decision you have made at all. The Weather Channel is one of the few channels I watch and it will be sorely missed. You missed the mark here and from what I've seen so far, your pallid replacement is very disappointing and leaves ALOT to be desired. This is an epic FAIL on your part.

Boo's and more boo's to you,
Your VALUED verizon customer

The Weather Channel
Ristvey1
Enthusiast - Level 1
My family is extremely upset re the cancellation of the Weather Channel. Please restore this channel, as I based my choice of provider and the package purchased on the fact that Weather Channel was a part of the programming. Your unilateral decision to cancel this program is totally unacceptable. My Contract expires in August and without the Weather Channel I cannot guarantee recommitting.
shuhwe

How can Verizon drop off the weather channel without agree from the customer, we paid the money. Do verizon give us the refund? or we can cancelled the contact without penalty. This is the channel most of the family need it for planning for work, school everyday. I need my weather channel back.

0 Likes
MadCalico

I totally agree that droping The Weather Channel (TWC) is unacceptable.  For my family, the ability to be able to watch TWC for both weather and the weather adventure shows such as "Highway Thru Hell" are important.  I'd rather see Verizon drop many of the superfluous sports channels before dropping TWC.Cat Frustrated

0 Likes
valweather
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you go to the weather channel website and send them a message, you'll get a reply telling you how to contact verizon to reply.  Also, I simply called Verizon directly, asked for the billing dept., and got a sales person who took all my complaints down.  she was very friendly...she probably likes Jim Cantore too!!!!  the more people who complain the better chance we get of getting the weather channel back.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
maxwellp1

I also am missing TWC, but I am fortunate in that I do not have a current contract obligation. I have not taken recent offers, which have not been tempting anyway, because I have been considering changing providers.

I have had FIOS since it was available in my area, and have been very satisfied until about the last six months. My internet speed seems to have decreased intermittently; my system response (i.e.DVR/cable box response to remote control) has become erratic, sometimes requiring issuing a command several times before the system responds, and I have occasionally, but repeatedly, lost channels to which I have subscribed.

I usually discover that I have lost a channel when I go to my DVR, and find that a program that should have been recorded has no content. Then I have to go through a bunch or procedures to restore the channels. Annoying.

These system problem plus ever-increasing cost have caused me to consider returning to Cox Cable. The loss of TWC gives me one more significan reason to switch. I need to check Cox's current offers.

0 Likes
klevitan1

I agree.  Please bring back the Weather Channel!  Verizon stated that people can easily get weather data online. Well I can also get most of the programming I watch online too.  I choose to get my enternatiniment and information via Verizon but if they will drop channels because the competetition is getting too stiff then perhaps I should look in to other solutions as well.

0 Likes
terr01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought Comcast was bad. Verizon has proven to be even worse! I cannot believe they chose to remove the weather channel! I watch it first thing in the morning every single day and love this channel not only for the weather but videos, news, weather science info and the entertaining personalities. Verizon service been atrocious and now with what I am paying this is the last straw and a disgrace to remove a channel that is so popular and part of the daily routine of many viewers because they need to save money. What a joke! Of course their main goal and interest is money it is obvious that customer service is at the bottom of the barrel. Looks like it's time to find another provider, maybe a la carte. Cable companies continue to screw their customers! And that's the only thing they do well.

0 Likes
Bring back the weather channel
gcofny
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new channel is HORRIBLE! If I miss my city I have to wait for 29 other cities to scroll by before I get my local weather. Are you kidding...

Enough! Just bring back the channel. I didnt leave Time Warner for baloney like this.

0 Likes