Re: The Weather Channel
vgsmike
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good lord, this is more posts than the SEC thread, and it's only been 2 days.

Personally I don't care. The channel and website have been horribly non-specific by lumping us in with Philadelphia, resulting in wrong data all winter season long. Even worse than last year. They've made themselves pointless here.

I don't know if Accuweather is any better, but they can't do worse than wrong and irrelevant.

0 Likes
AdaminSkippack

I have been a fan of the weather channel for many years.  Every 8 minutes I get an update on my local weather. The Accu Weather offering is horrible at best.  I agree it looks like a high school production.  No information about local weather unless you wait a long time until they come to the Phila forecast... 

For waht we pay, we deserve the quality of information the Weather Channel provides... Get this corrected ...!!!

0 Likes
Aiole
Enthusiast - Level 1
As soon as my contract is up, I am switching to XFinity. We need Jim Cantore in our lives 😱
maharg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon misses important aspects of The Weather Channel.  It is not just a bland utilitarian weather information channel.  In addition to weather information TWC is educational and entertaining.  It is mental "comfort food".  We have become familiar with the personalities of the meteorologists on TWC.  I am a frequent viewer of TWC documentary programs.

Jesse37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally unacceptable that this happned. 

Re: The Weather Channel Hey Verizon I Follow Through
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE

I just got off the phone with Verizon. Put everything and I mean everything down to bare minimum in prep for total cancellation. As soon as new services are in place Bye Bye Verizon. People lets wake up, are we going to continue letting these corporate {word filter avoidance} dictate what we watch or don't watch. Put us in the middle when it comes to contracts. I say no more, contact your local Congressmen and demand they change the laws. 1) An independent binding arbitrator to settle contract disputes 2) Create a new category of programming called Community Resource Channels Which would have a must carry designation and be off limits to cancellation. And The Weather Channel should be the first one designated. They save lives on a daily basis, their Weather Reporting is second to none. And like their slogan says "When Bad Weather Strikes Where Are You Going To Turn For Life Saving Information" 

Pyrless
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back Jim Cantore and crew.  As gardeners and home owners, we need the continuous radar feed on 49, and the extensive information provided by the experts on 119/619 on severe storms, etc.  Accuweather is too dummied down, and does not offer the extensive reasearch available on TWC.

why63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you kidding me!  I can't believe The Weather Channel is gone.  Talk about a stupid idea. I just signed up for FIOS a couple of months ago.  We had no cable tv.  The only time we watched The Weather Channel was on vacation.  I was so happy to be able to watch it any time I wanted.  Now I'm stuck with a two year deal. I am not only very disapointed but angry too.  This is a great way to loose customers.  Wake up Verizon!

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
trainman21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's NOW been 3 days with no weather reports.....just sayin.....you can't call Accu's station weather reporting!!!!!   grrrrrrrrrr....

0 Likes
clc111482
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love how they (Verizon) attempt to put the Jedi mind trick on you, by stating that "more and more people these days are turning to various devices, such as smart phones, tablets and laptops for their weather related needs," as if by them making that generic statement, all of the 400+ million customers are going to suddenly be perfectly accepting of their profit margin fueled decision to 86 the weather channel!!!
As with millions of other Verizon subscribers, this not only inconveniences us, but it also puts our lives in jeopardy! Sure it sucks that I can no longer watch Jim Cantorie, Sam Champion and the rest of the hard working meteorologists on TWC in the mornings and that we're now stuck watching the same old depressing local news. What really {word filter avoidance} is that come April, May & June when tornado season hits here in Texas and we really need the life saving radar information that TWC provides, that you can't get on any other channel because it's 3am, we're going to be left stuck with "accuweather"! Accuweather, in the 3 or 4 days since having this crap involuntarily crammed down our throats, w literally have yet to see any weather information pertinent to our area!

WAY TO GO VERIZON... WAY TO GO! You guys just sit back, relax and enjoy your immensely padded profit margins, while the rest of us figure out how we're going to stay safe through the upcoming seasons of uncertainty!!! And don't worry, we already know you aren't planning to take any action on this matter, BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE!