Re: The Weather Channel
WEATHER2
Enthusiast - Level 1

WHEN SUPER STORM SANDY HIT, IT WAS THE WEATHER CHANNEL THAT HAD  THEIR EXCELLENT TEAM IN THE FIELD. WHEN THERE'S A POSSIBLE TORNADO OUTBREAK AGAIN THE TEAM IS IN THE FIELD LIVE.. NO ONE THOUGHT THAT WE'LL GET HIT MY A SUPER STORM BUT WE DID. AND SOME DAY WE'LL GET HIT BY A EF3 OR HIGHER TORNADO AND I'M GOING TO RELY ON ACCUWEATHER. GET REAL. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ISSUE AND VERIZON PROFIT. VERIZON DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COURAGE TO LET US KNOW BEFORE HAND, REAL LACK OF  CLASS. DID IT IN THE DARKNESS OF NIGHT.  LOOKING INTO THE DISH SYSTEM.

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
MadInMendham

I am very upset that the Weather Channel just disappeared one day, without notice or input from the customers who pay for it.  AccuWeatheer is a joke.  my 14 year old twins could do better than that.  I never know what they are talking about, or who's weather they are reporting.  I have to go to my phone to get the weather now and I do not like that.  I signed up for FIOS with weather Channel and I that is what I want.

0 Likes
whenu86it
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - your justification that we should accept AccuWeather and go elsewhere as opposed to watching the TWC is ludicrous.  I suggest you replace the decision maker at Verizon with an "app" and return The Weather Channel to the customers who watch and rely on TWC's content.  I watched the weather channel daily and would certainly like to have it restored.  I will wait for 30 days to allow Verizon time to negotiate a deal with TWC. If it is not restored, I will disappear just as simply as Verizon made TWC disappear.  This is actually an easy decision.  My contract has expired and long term customers pay more since we do not have access to the deals a new one customer can obtain. 

tic toc tic toc

Weather Channel
MadInMendham

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!  AccuWeather is not the same as the Weather Channel.  AccuWeather is worse than looking out the window to see the weather.  My kids talk about a weather rock: a rock that hangs from a string.  If the rock is wet- it is raining; if the rock is dry - it is sunny; if the rock is hot - it is warm out; etc.  I prefer the weather rock to AccuWeather because it is more reliable and useful.  What are they going to take away next?  CNN? we get a lot of bogus channels that nobody watches, and the one channel we all love and rely on is now gone.  BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
dmgdvr

Bring back the WEATHER CHANNEL and the local WEATHERSCAN.  The lame substitutes Accuweather and the weatherbug widget STINK!  Why must quality programming be dropped - the WEATHER CHANNEL offers superior feature stories and forecasts.  WEATHERSCAN offered much better local coverage 24/7/365.  Reverse these ill-conceived changes ASAP!!!

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
didi02453
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too.  TWC is one of the main reasons we have cable service.  We are looking into other vendors.

steve_o_2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not know Newsmax was added--even more reason to cnacel my Verizon subscription in addition to this travesty of TWC.

0 Likes
steve_o_2
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can cancel now under grounds of Breach of Contract.

0 Likes
Mark_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is really ridiculous Verizon.   We are in the midwest and we are approaching spring thunderstorm and tornado season when having The Weather Channel and Weather Scan are most important.   I would have expected more from you than using your customers as a price negotiating tool to leverage with these channels.   Bring them both back because I certainly don't need television service to get the low grade content provided by your poor substitutes. 

0 Likes
SLS5

Agree 100% - the Weather Channel is necessary in our household. This definitely changes things for us when our contract is up if this is not restored. Comcast is looking better every day....

0 Likes