The Weather Channel

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: The Weather Channel

Message 791 of 1,978
(1,467 Views)

Hey, that is a great idea!  Using the gift card when signing up for Comcast to offset the FIOS penalty.  Genius!

Bring back TWC or I'll be gone.  And I will take the $500/month I spend between Verizon AND Verizon Wireless with me. And, if I believe those in this thread, many others will follow suit.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

The Weather Channel is gone...Finally and good riddance!

Message 792 of 1,978
(1,487 Views)

I do not need The MSNBC "Weather" Channel.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: The Weather Channel is gone...Finally and good riddance!

Message 793 of 1,978
(1,568 Views)

Frankly, I would rather keep TWC and get rid of MSNBC. There is definitely crossover but the personalities are MUCH different.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 794 of 1,978
(1,589 Views)

Bring back The Weather Channel. Accuweather is sub-par, and my bill does not warrant sub-par services. Bring back The Weather Channel!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 795 of 1,978
(1,588 Views)

Please bring back the weather channnel.... this accu weather STINKS!! why would verizon not give us a vote after all we are paying them!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 796 of 1,978
(1,584 Views)

One thing Verizon is not understanding is that once we have switched to a new carrier and learn all their channel numbers, menu schemes, etc. there will be no incentive to return unless the new carrier does something as egregious as removing The Weather Channel.  I am allowing Verizon 1 month to correct this situation.  To date I am not pleased at their attitude toward their 'Valued Customers'.  I am in the middle of my contract but will gladly terminate it for Comcast because they provide the services I require which includes The Weather Channel.  I have been with Verizon since they provided their services in my area over 10 years ago.  I was instrumental in getting others to switch to Verizon.  I will be instrumental in getting them to leave as well as all of them are not happy about this situation involving The Weather Channel.  I am stunned that they are so out of touch with their customer base, but worse than that, they do not care what their customer base has to say.  Verizon, once we have switched carriers, it will be too late for you.  Please revisit  your decision.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 797 of 1,978
(1,556 Views)

This Accucrap is terrible.  The Weatherbug is some **bleep** idea of a way to save a buck when we are looking for Weatherscan.  Your system is complicated and keeps getting more and more user hostile.  Verizon deletes stations at will, moves stations to more expensive packages at will, and this is enough for me.  I am looking for two smart TV's and going back to Comcast for Internet only.  This bundled crap with Aljazera and 100's of useless stations that I will never watch is not for me.  Last year my cost increased $25 a month while service has deterioted. Verizon spends millions for advertising and new customers but has no plan or desire to compete and keep existing customers. I have been a shareholder for many years and finally sold my stock because of the extremely poor customer service and expensive service for seniors.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 798 of 1,978
(1,537 Views)

@jonesmagicfan wrote:

Many of us are obviously happy with TWC.  I see VERY few on this board saying otherwise.

That's the nature of boards like this.  Satisfied people don't come to forums like this to say how great everything is.  People with problems and complaints are the ones who post.  Clearly, TWC is important to some people, and some of those people have made their displeasure over FiOS dropping TWC known here.

We well never see any significant posts from people who just don't care about TWC going away.  Because, they JUST DON"T CARE and probably didn't even notice the change.

I'll say this again; posting here about TWC won't change Verizon's mind.  This forum is setup for customer to customer communication.  The moderators are moving all TWC related posts onto this thread to try and keep the board useful for other topics.  Verizon is keenly aware that some customers are quite upset over TWCs removal; they don't need stats from this forum to tell them that.

Verizon knows how many people watched TWC.  Either from Nielsen ratings or actual data from their network, you can rest assured that they didn't make this move without a good idea of how many people watch TWC and what the likely fallout would be.

If you want to send Verizon a message, cancel your service.  That is the only thing they will pay attention to.

Good Luck.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I want The Weather Channel back

Message 799 of 1,978
(1,535 Views)

It is important for customers to let both Verizon and The Weather Channel hear that we want the Weather Channel back.  You can go on line to the Weather Channel and send them an email, and they will write back and tell you who to contact at Verizon.  Or, you can call Verizon, get connected to Billing, and they will take the information.  When I did that I got a very nice rep who took all of my comments down.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 800 of 1,978
(1,518 Views)

Verizon FIOS has clearly acted in bad faith towards it's customers by removing The Weather Channel from it's lineup without any notice to opportunity for their customers to have input.  We signed on to FIOS knowing that The Weather Channel was a part of the channel lineup and now it's not.  The Weather Channel is a basic channel and should be included in any service.  It is no different than a major network, CNN or any other basic channel.  

When I contacted Verizon by phone to find out my options, there were none. I just want to receive the Weather Channel.  I'm happy to pay more.  I am happy to cancel my TV service and keep my phone and internet service with Verizon so I can get the Weather Channel from a different carrier, but apparently, I can't even do that.  I would be charged a $200 early termination fee.  That is outrageous.  Verizon terminated a channel their basic lineup - not me!  

Bad faith and bad business practice, Verizon!  I still am looking cancel and go to Cox Communications - who does have The Weather Channel, but in order to do so, I apparently will have to loose $200.  I am hoping that Cox will start offering to pick up the termination fee in order to pick up all of the dissatisfied Verizon customers.  At least I hope so.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.