Re: The Weather Channel
1RAK
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a public safety hazzard.

Sandraanded
Bring back the weather channel or we go to dish and by the way thanks for asking what your customers might want, lame
0 Likes
houseofrouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do NOT want to struggle to get an in-depth weather report on my phone!  We actually USE channel 49, especially last thing at night when planning tomorrow.  This way, if you miss the prime-time news, you're pretty much screwed.

Bring back channel 49! 

cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

TWC has become an ESSENTIAL SERVICE! They are the only ones with the expertise and experience to prepare the public for severe weather, and then to cover it LIVE. I know my local OEM relies on TWC for major weather events. Accuweather is nothing but a poor imitation of TWC from the very early 80's. It looks like a 3rd grade science project, and the limited information is useless. Weatherscan is the best thing for monitoring LOCAL weather 24/7 as needed. Seriously considering dropping Verizon. Re: TWC shows. I don't watch/enjoy all of them, but that is true for ANY tv station. When it's important weatherwise, TWC preempts the shows to cover the weather. NO other station does that. As for getting weather on-line, etc. many people (especially senior citizens) do not have a computer!

Minnelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is completely ridiculous. As a shareholder and life-time customer this is unthinkable. I just resigned a 2 year deal with Verizon and now they pull this. Add The Weather Channel back. Restart negotiations. Pay whatever it takes. This is a critical channel to have in the lineup. I hate Comcast but I will switch to them unless we get the channel back and yes you will eat the penalties. 

Weather Channel
tomb6116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again, profit wins out over customer satisfaction where Verizon is concerned.  There's no excuse for dropping the Weather Channel.  The story Verizon is feeding its customers is ridiculous.  When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is turn on the Weather Channel to see what the LOCAL weather will be.  I don't want to have to go hunting for a devise to get online to get the weather.  I don't want to have to go to the room containing the HD cable box to open the WeatherBug widget.  I certainly don't want to turn to the new AccuWeather Network station Verizon has provided as a substitute only to see that the station is focusing on weather in cities on the other side of the country.   Yes, as Verizon states, customers can "access weather from a variety of other sources" but they can also access cable TV from a variety of other sources if Verizon continues to downgrade the service their customers want.

WEATHER CHANNEL
MrWeather
Enthusiast - Level 1
PLEASE BRING BACK THE WWATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!
RFlagg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please do NOT bring back TWC. The inane shows (Bible Weather, Highway through Hell, etc) and the never ending effort to incite fear and paranoia with their named storms.

Good Riddance.

Re: **bleep**?!??! Where is the Weather Channel?!??!
rickster2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well said!!!

0 Likes
GuitarGirl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to register my disappointment in the recent FiOS change from The Weather Channel to AccuWeather.  My family and I regularly consulted The Weather Channel (119) or the local regional weather channel (49) to view the radar maps prior to outdoor activities (sports, yardwork, transporting elderly relatives, etc.).  AccuWeather doesn't provide the same level of localized reporting that was available on The Weather Channel.  Additionally, The Weather Channel offers enjoyable programs about weather stories, etc., not available with AccuWeather.  During the past year, I convinced two other family members to drop cable coverage and change to FiOS.  They were both pleased with The Weather Channel, but have now called me to complain because it has been removed.  My family and I are also unhappy about this decision.  It appears that Verizon is under the impression that everyone has a smart phone that can be used for weather access, but I can attest that this is not the case.  Bad decision, Verizon.