Re: The Weather Channel
pedroelgato
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back The Weather Channel.  AccuWeather is amateurish.  What with your abysmal customer service, exorbitant prices, and now dropping one of the few channels my family actually turns to almost daily (rather than the 100+ we pay for but do not watch), I am more convinced than ever to leave cable TV altogether when our contract is up.

GeneFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first started with Verizon FIOS several years ago, it was really good and I was happy with the service and the product.  But now it's getting harder and harder to stay with FIOS in part because of decisions like dropping the Weather Channel.

Seank1
Enthusiast - Level 2
The accuweather channel is less local than the weather channel. The weather bug widget was terrible from day one. I have never been so unhappy with Verizon. Never had a problem previously. Paying for tv stations and tv stations keep getting removed. There removing something that is a well known network and it also has other tv shows. Bring back the weather channel and weather scan.
0 Likes
Seank1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I feel a small discount from Verizon is necessary since stations keep getting removed.
Weather Channel
keely22

Discontinuing the Weather Channel is like discontinuing CNN or NBC.  This is MAJOR programming.  It feels like a 30 year setback in informed viewing.  When hurricane season starts or storms break out, Verizon FIOS customers will not be well informed.  Local on the 8's has been indispensible.  AccuWeather is not a suitable replacement for the level of coverage we received from the Weather Channel.  Verizon, you need to back up on this one or Comcast will be flooded with new subscribers. 

0 Likes
chrism216

hi all....

also not happy that fios decided to drop the weather channel without any warning. we need to start a Petition to get the weather channel back. FIOS is Great but this wasnt a great move on their behalf to do this to us.

after youve been watching the weather channel for over 20 years whether on cable or fios and then someone pulls the plug on it, not a good Move at all.

also keep in mind fios Exec's...the customer is always right !

0 Likes
My mornings are ruined without TWC and Weatherscan :((
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
Gee, I watch FOUR (yep, that's 4) channels in the Verizon lineup and you decided to delete two of them? Now I'm really getting my money's worth, aren't I?

So I tried Accuweather (local weather comes up briefly once every 20 minutes) and the widget (half of the screen is a picture of my remote). Lame.

Nothing compares to being able to tune in whenever YOU want to see YOUR local weather or tune in to see seasoned meteorologists covering a mjor storm event.

Verizon, wake up and smell the coffee!
0 Likes
My mornings are ruined without Weatherscan and TWC 😢
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
Gee, I watch FOUR (yep, that's 4) channels in the Verizon lineup and you decided to delete two of them? Now I'm really getting my money's worth, aren't I?

So I tried Accuweather (local weather comes up briefly once every 20 minutes) and the widget (half of the screen is a picture of my remote). Lame.

Nothing compares to being able to tune in whenever YOU want to see YOUR local weather or tune in to see seasoned meteorologists covering a mjor storm event.

Verizon, wake up and smell the coffee!
0 Likes
db1960
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always talk up Verizon Fios at work when people ask about what cable they have.  Not anymore.    Can't believe they did this.    Accuweather is a joke.   I miss channel 49 for a quick check of the weather.  I tried the widget but it is inaccurate.  It showed rain for today, not a cloud in the sky.

0 Likes
jerryb53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm unhappy about TWC being dropped but I'm not as devasted as some.I can get my local weather from so many different sources. From my local channels on tv. From radio. From the internet. From my phone. From my tablet.

0 Likes