The Weather Channel
vtlaurn
We are totally displeased about losing TWC! We don't give a crap about what the weather is like in Pittsburgh, PA! This channel sucks we lost all of our shows and we thought that FIOS would be better than Comcast, but at least Comcast has TWC even if they have terrible customer service! We do not want a widget we want TWC! This channel looks so cheaply done and boring. If they refuse to give us TWC back we will be switching back to Comcast even if it's before the 2 years are up! Verizon better take action and fix it now!
0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Muffy4

You are right Accweather is really bad .The weather Channel should never have been taken off . We also lost chennel 49 for local weather and radar . Maybe they should fire the excutive that made that stupid choice,

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

Why does someone need to know the channel numbers of the stations? I have no idea what most of the channel numbers are for the channels I watch. There is  no need to know them since I have no desire to watch live TV. I started time shifting my Tv watching in 1984. And The Weather channel was no exception. When I watched it, then it was time shifted. And I would prefer for FiOS to bring it back. Since Accuweather is a PoC.

0 Likes
TaxGuyPIT
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a surprise to see the Weather Channel yanked from Verizon without notice on Tuesday. I am still waiting for the 'official notice' to let me know that it's being taken away.

My family and I tune to WeatherScan each and every day. We were actually teaching my 5 year old about temperatures, what the green or white mean on the radar, etc. Not only was it useful for planning our day, it was also the best and ONLY way to get a local forecast when you wanted and needed it. Now, AccuWeather is just a sad and insufficient replacement. (And don't get me started on that God awful WeatherBug widget...)

For the money that we subscribers pay per month, the Weather Channel is not something that should be considered disposable or a 'premium' channel. I mean, I get paying extra for HBO, Encore, etc. But to think that it costs too much to carry the Weather Channel? And if it's so expensive, why haven't Comcast, Time Warner, Dish, and virtually all of the other carriers chosen to drop it?

Up to this point, I've been extremely happy with Verizon. We've been subscribers for over 6 years, and have always enjoyed what we consider to be superior service to their closest competitor in our market. This move, however, shakes my confidence in Verizon's abilities to satisfy its customers.

Weather Channel
rej3

Seriously?!  You take away the Weather Channel and replace it with an inferior product without customer input or prior notifications?!?!

Bring back the Weather Channel.  Meanwhile, I'll be looking at other vendors for TV needs.  Seriously, I don't even need FIOS/cable anymore.  I'll just use one of the many other cheaper products i.e. Apple TV etc instead!  Imagine the money I'll save!

0 Likes
acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel is a necessity used by a large demographic - what a horrible decision to drop a channel that affects so many!  AccuWeather is terrible-takes too long to get detailed info for my area, also don't like advertisements.  I am looking into other cable providers who carry TWC and will pay a ETF to do it if TWC doesn't return soon.  I called Verizon and was told TWC is 'old school.'  I do not believe this at all - everyone at some point in time has an interest in TWC.

0 Likes
GRW3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree: The WC has good programs, not just live weather. I had it on my "favorities" for things like the series I alays recorded, "Why Planes Crash."

It was dropped only cuz Verizon could get Accuweather cheaper; uderstandably, since its an inferior product.

I agree with others, I should be able to cancel my 2-yr contract, in that am no longer getting a chanel I wanted and was pomise when I signed up. (bait and switch tactics). I will pursue his, as a bundled customer and a Verizon stockholder.

0 Likes
Cablevision wants your Business- Regarding Weather Channel Non Renewal!
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

It seems Cablevison is airing a commercial especially focusing on Fios Customers who no longer have the Weather Channel Station and Widget on your TV. I Keep hearing it advertised all day.

They obviously have "The Weather Channel" AND "ACTUALLY WANT YOUR BUSINESS (THE DISREGARDED LOYAL FIOS CUSTOMER."

Greedy and biting the hand that feeds you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Renew the Weather Channel or you can say Bye Bye to Thousands of Customers because you Discontinued offering the Weather Channel which is one of the most highly used and valuable services of Fios.

Alot of Seniors and Disabled people cannot affort a cellphone.

I have an idea DUMP THE WORTHLESS WEATHER BUG WIDGET AND PAY THAT MONEY TOWARD WEATHER CHANNEL STATION AND  WEATHER CHANNEL WIDGET  SERVICES.

Wake Up Verizon before you have no customer base.

Life Long Verizon Customer Who has been with you for DECADES!

GET RID OF WEATHERBUG IT'S USELESS AND NEVER CORRECT.

ALOT OF DIABLED AND ELDERLY PEOPLE DEPEND ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND WIDGET FOR THEIR AREA. MOST OF THEM ARE HOMEBOUND DUE TO NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
julieNJ

Starting today, I will be contacting Xfinity by Comcast to see if they will pay me the fee you will be charging when I cancel my service with FiOS.  I am sure they will be more than happy to have a new customer.  I am more than disappointed that you refused to renew the contract with the Weather Channel.  I rely on this channel for work and the AccuWeather Crap you replaced it with is not acceptable.  I wish you had given your valued customers more notice that this was happening so we change cable providers. 

0 Likes
Where is the Weather Channel?
UpsetWithYou1

Please reconsider dropping the Weather Channel.  My contract is coming up for renewal and I am certainly reconsidering my choice of cable provider.

0 Likes