Re: The Weather Channel
shermanBuffalo

After a half hour of trying to find this area - Verizon Fios does not make it easy to say "Please Give Me My Weather Channel Back"!  First of all - totally classless to never notify us in advance and give us a chance to comment BEFORE you pulled the plus.  Second - we are not all app happy teenagers who don't care about the weather anyway.  Absolutely love The Weather Channel and watch it every day.  Don't want to see cooking shows or makeup tips.  Don't want to be subjected to the depressing national news.  Just want to enjoy watching all my favorite people while I'm drinking my morning coffee.  Please, please, please bring the Weather Channel back.  Hate the new program!

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
weedmanp

The Weather Channel is an important high quality community resource especially during severe weather that threatens life and property. Please return The Weather Channel to the FIOS lineup immediately.

0 Likes
cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Instead of just compaining here (does Verizon really listen, or are we just "preaching to the choir"?) Contact the FCC. Ask them to make TWC a mandatory carry (like the "regular networks"). Go to fcc.gov Under THE FCC, go to "Contact Us" There you will find the email for the FCC Chairman. Send him an email. Be polite. Be nice. Don't bash Verizon, the FCC or anyone else. Explain why you think TWC is an essential service. If enough people contact him (I already did)  it will get noticed.

Where is the weather channel?
no-weather
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nice of Verizon to cut the Weather Channel(s) and provide "Accuweather" with no notice.  Hardly a substitute and reception is so bad, I can't hear any audio.  TV weather is now completely useless.  We depended on those channels this winter for live weather information. 

What's next Verizon, broadcast news? 

Re: WEATHER CHANNELS
HoneysMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I mailed a letter to

Verizon Corporate HQ, 140 West St., New York, NY 10007

On March 10th my husband and I awoke to an ugly surprise The Weather Channel is no longer part of our Fios package. I’m 61 and handicapped. I used electrical medical equipment. I need to keep apprized of the weather at all times. If a power outage is expected I need to evacuate.

My husband works outdoors, he watches the weather channel each night and again in the morning to prepare for work. It helps him plan his outfit and what gear he will need during the day. The TWC’s radar in motion helps him plan his day around the weather. On stormy days he will call home and have me check the radar.

Whether you believe in climate change or not, it is a fact that the US is having more frequent and more severe storms then in recent history. This winter had multiple snow storms on Long Island. The snow that fell in January is just starting to melt now in the middle of March. Soon we will be entering hurricane season, Long Island is still recovering from hurricane Sandy which happened in 2012. This is not the time to get rid of the premium weather channel.

As far as using a Smartphone or computer to receive weather forecasts. Many people including my husband do not have these items. If he does need to use a Smartphone for weather, we would be better off switching back to Cablevision (optimum) then we would have local wifi included. That would make going online out in the field cheaper and faster. Why is Verizon pushing customers over to Cablevision?

I want The Weather Channel back!

Re: The Weather Channel
Goonie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more!  Obviously, they didn't survey their viewer base.  I want TWC back!  I've been on the fence about Verizon for a while now...this bonehead move has pushed me over the edge.

Treer6710
Enthusiast - Level 1

I like watching the Weather Channel before I go to work, before I go to bed and anytime I need to know. The change to Accuweather sucks! They don't have the local weather showing like the Weather Channel, you have to watch for 15-30 minutes before your local area comes up. It sucks!!! Bring back the Weather Channel it's the best for many reasons but just to see my local forcast anytime I tune in is the biggest reason of all.

Re: Where is the weather channel?
dcamarra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya not to mention the programing on the weather channel that has been taken away???

Re: Where is the weather channel?
WantMyWeather
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon FIOS dropped The Weather Channel because of a contract dispute.  I have called Verizon demanding they either put The Weather Channel back on or else deduct a percentage of my bill for not giving me all the services I bought.

Accu-Weather blows and is no sustitute for TWC.

Re: The Weather Channel - bring it back
CantoreFans
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Weather Channel is a great resource for families planning their day, watching out for storms, and as a source of intelligent weather information.  Verizon gave its customers no notice about this and arbitrarily substituted an inferior accuweather which offers poor graphics and very little else.  This is inexcusable.  For those who say that you don't need a weather channel anymore, remember that not everyone lives off the internet and some people enjoy getting information from major stations, particularly those that do not need to "hype" their local weather to increase local market ratings.  As Verizon offers 100's of channels - no, 1000's of channels - you would think their leadership would comprehend this.  Over the past winter in particular, the Weather Channel was a fixture in our house.  Bring it back.  Show your customers you actually care about all your demographics.  This was a thoughtless decision.