Re: The Weather Channel
tempest1024

I could care less about the weather channel. Weatherscan gave us what we need our local weather, Please bring it back.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel Bring WeatherScan Back
tempest1024

Weatherscan was great local weather whenever you need it. No commercials no TV shows.A great low cost alternative to what we have now. Accuweather is poor and I cant get the widget to do anything ... yet.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
ragsralph
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great suggestion - I just wrote the chairman

0 Likes
vaphilips

I agree.  Bad move on Verizon's part.  If they want to stay one of the cable leaders, they need to provide the best, Accuwaether is not it!  Will be changing to Comcast ASAP!!

0 Likes
ms632

Our family is very upset with the dropping of the Weather Channel. The replacement is horrible! We pay a lot of money to subscribe to all of Verizon services (Digital voice, Ultimate HD, Internet and Wireless) and expect a decent weather station that we use daily. We have been loyal customers for years and will be dropping all of our Verizon services when the contracts expire.

0 Likes
asmDad

I agree. I am going to price replacing Verizon with Comcast.

0 Likes
I Am Glad to See the Weather Channel Replaced
Johnnie6

The Weather Channel USED to be a useful station -- 15 years ago when it forecast the weather.

WeatherScan is not local weather -- it is regional at best.  And its forecasts at the top and bottom of its screen were never synchronized.  Waiting 30 seconds for a weather widget to load was no replacement.

The Weather Channel's obsession with garbage reality TV was ridiculous -- Ice Road Truckers?  Well, you see, there was weather that caused the ice....When Weather Changed History?   Get real, this was a once-rational channel that thinks it can turn into MTV.

And, no,  Naming every storm that forms is NOT a good idea.

TWC think they are the only people to bring anyone weather in the world.  WRONG.  It all comes from NOAA anyways. 

I'll take Accu-Weather.  TWC can study the effect of the European model in their spare time.

0 Likes
stanne2020

Yes! Bring it back!

0 Likes
randvickij
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back 21st Century weather coverage delivered by TWC.  AccuWeather coverage is useless. 

0 Likes
flyways

Give us the Weather Channel back!  With no warning Verizon pulled the plug on the Weather Channel!  No wonder cable companies are losing market share.  Bundle a bunch of junk together that we don't want and charge an arm and a leg for this junk.  Without any explanation, drop the Weather Channel, one service that actlually is useful and valuable to customers.  Give us the Weather Channel back!

0 Likes