Re: The Weather Channel
Coolcat3
I do not understand why you have taken the weather channel off ? PLEASE PLEASE bring it back !!! We are consider switching to Time Warner !!! Do not understand why you did this !!!!
0 Likes
The Weather Channel
missarun

I want it back.

0 Likes
Jerseydevil26
Accuweather is horrible! I will be switching to optimum if the weather channel isn't brought back. The weather channel is a staple! What a terrible decision.
0 Likes
churchmouse

Among all the worthless channels provided, Weatherscan was the one very useful service we used for a good part of every day. PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!!

0 Likes
JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm with most of the others here. While I agree TWC has been going downhill for several years now, especially with the reality TV and stupid crap like named storms, it is still the best cable TV weather source.  AccuWeather doesn't begin to compare.

My company is in the construction industry, and is somewhat weather sensitive.  Every morning I turn on the weather channel while I'm getting around to catch the current forecast.  It allows me to make last minute changes in the day's schedule if necessary - the last thing I need is a surprise.  It also allows me to better plan the rest of the week.  If Verizon doesn't bring back the Weather Channel, we'll be cancelling our FIOS TV service and going to XFinity, since they carry TWC.  But if we do that, we might as well get XFinity's  internet and phone package, also.  That leaves us with only my wife and my cell phones - and no reason to stay with Verizon when others give the same coverage around here for less money.  That's over $450/mo. we're paying.

But that's not all.  I can also get rid of the three business phone lines - another $150+.  All in all, I'm spending around $700/mo. with Verizon, with expansion planned in the future.  I can change everything and Verizon will end up with nothing. 

I guess Verizon thinks that's a good trade.

Re: Weather Channel
sviscusi
Enthusiast - Level 1
How about all WeatherChannel lovers getting together and offering Veizon to pay the extra money The Weather Channel wants?
Fine, I'll pony up the extra quarter. Take it out of the $6 a month that I pay for ESPN. God knows why anyone would support removing any channel from their cable tier given the amount of money everyone pays each month. It's not as if any cable provider has ever lowered their price when they've dropped a channel.
0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
ErnieDinklefwat

When I want weather information immediately, I turn on WeatherScan, channel 49.  I can see radar instantly and know where the storm is headed, as long as a wide shot of the region.  I either don't have or don't have the time to consult a cell phone or a computer application.  WeatherScan includes airport information, as well -- it provides a complete service in one place that I cannot find elsewhere, online or on phone, with such convenience.

Verizon's databases can tell them how much time I spend on WeatherScan, as opposed to the other channels they offer to us, their subscribers.  Do they care to crunch those numbers or are the suits that run Verizon too focused on their bottom line?

The removal of The Weather Channel and WeatherScan make Verizon's services less important to me.  Perhaps, like others who have posted in this forum, I will take my money to someone who will give me what I can use.

0 Likes
cbrowndc
Enthusiast - Level 2

When IT gets nasty, as it will with storm season approaching, I count on The Weather Channel to get me the information I need.  I cannot rely on your lame replacements for weather.  I work outdoors and need the accurate information that The Weather Channel provides. 

If you are going to take away critical services, I want a reduction in my rate AND the opportunity to subscribe to The Weather Channel.  There are at least 100 channels on FIOS that I have NEVER WATCHED and are billed for every month.  You removed the one that I watched on a daily basis. 

I want The Weather Channel back NOW.

Forum users... Suggestions on an alternative to FIOS?  Which do you all prefer?  Comcast, Cox, Xfinity?

I plan on switching providers if The Weather Channel is not back on the air in two weeks.

0 Likes
hsdrumm

Please bring back the weather channel and weather scan.We are looking to change, also feel verizon has voided our contract.  What you have is horrible. Is one of few channels we watch on regular basis. Tryed calling in to complain, got fluffed. Not nice.

0 Likes
THE LOSS OF THE LOCAL WEATHER
rick-k
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am highly insulted by the unilateral change made by Verizon to eliminate local weather ch49 and to change the weather channel ch119 from the "Weather Channel"  TO  "Accu Weather"......

OK I have learned to enjoy the folks at the Weather Channel and their hands on at locations where events are happening or about to happen . . . .

THE people at Accu Weather never go any where, they stay at their main center (I believe in Boston) and remotely tell the people of this country what is the weather events.  Our local radio stations once  used this service over the years and currently most of them have abandonded the service.. BUT

for national weather on ch119,  I can live with that.

I am offended that I know the weather conditions all over the US but I have no idea what my weather is just outside my door or with in 100 miles of where I live..... I am offended that every major city is covered but my relatively small area with less than 1m people is to insignificient to be covered by their tv service... I don't care who provides the information but bring back the local weather which for me means from Albany to Buffalo east and west AND Canada to Pennsylvania north to south...  Frankly, I don't give a **bleep** what the weather is in NEW YORK city or Boston or DC or Chicago and the west coast is totally useless information.

You made an executive decision without ever asking for my input nor any other custmer . . .

{edited for privacy}   N Syracuse NY  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx