Weather Channel and contactability
Starlifter1

Anyone else out there deplore the loss of the weather channel and the local weather on channel 49? The accuweather replacement is abysmal and one cannot, with any level of reasonability know ehen to tune in to see the weather here in the KPHL area. At least with the weather channel one could count on the forecast on the 8's plus the availability of the channel 49 local weather at any time.

Also, anyone else notice that Verizon is so selfassurred that ther is no way to contact them unless you want to get technical help or pay them? Must be really nice to be so big that you can totally ignore the people whose hard earned dollars support your lavis lifestyles!

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel and contactability
Mister55

I am in full agreement with you!  Whenever I try to get the local weather it always seems to be speaking of Pittsburgh weather.  Doesn't help me here in New York.  And I have tried to get a live person, but have yet to succeed.  I know that the cable company has redeemed themselves and returned channels to their line-up and i'm hoping that Verizon wil do the same.  Give us back our Weather Channel please.

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
Nati0nals
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon once again is not in touch with its viewers. Bring back the weather channel now!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
jasonb731

VERIZON!!! What's wrong with you guys?  Who on earth is responsbile for this decision? They should be fired. We pay top dollar to you guys for FiOS and expect the best...not some second-rate weather service channel that has quite possibly the worst content and channel UI I've ever seen.

Listen to your customers and bring this channel back! We love your service...it's better than cable and the internet rules. Don't {word filter avoidance} by playing content police and replacing it with sub-standard alternatives.

0 Likes
VZDidWhat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello?? Hello? Anyone their? Verizon? There seem to be an awful lot of very upset customers over the loss of the Weather Channel.  You can definitely count me as one of them.  Taking away the Weather Channel in my opinion is like not carrying CNN or ESPN. My patience with this is going quickly.  Looks like I will have to switch to Comcast if this is not resolved soon. I don't even care about paying the early termination fee. It is better than continuing to pay $175 a month for an incomplete cable package.

0 Likes
RonH134

It is completely UNACCEPTABLE for Verizon to discontinue THE WEATHER CHANNEL! At the very least, I will be downgrading after my current contract is up.

0 Likes
Jeff4TWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the Weather Channel.  You have heard from customers. VERIZON MADE A MISTAKE.  AccuWeather is a miserable excuse as a substitute.  Waited 20 minutes just to see sort of local weather.  Verizon is not the only chioice.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
davidnet

I want The Weather Channel back.  AccuWeather is a very poor substitute.  It offers national weather; TWC offered localized weather for the MD-DC-VA area, including my city, Fredericksburg, VA.  It also offered localized radar.

AccuWeather offers only Washington, DC weather, and it takes a full 15 minutes for it to come around.  The presentation of just a few hours of temperature info is poor, and there is no real radar data. I really don't care about the weather in upstate New York or Los Angeles.

WeatherBug doesn't really address this issue, and from my experience it is less accurate than TWC was, often presenting out-of-date forecasts.

0 Likes
Superman0115
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel for all the subscribers currently under contract. Verizon has been after me for months to renew my subscriptions. I'm currently going month to month. I'm looking at my options to move from another carrier. Good luck everyone. Bye to Verizon.

0 Likes
olivercat
Enthusiast - Level 1

As retirees, cable TV is a luxury.   Taking away something as vital as The Weather Channel makes it useless.  I was upset last summer when they started dropping channels such as Clue without notice, but this one is ludicrous.

We can go to dish and just watch local weather if we're not getting this back.   We counted on TWC to keep us up to date on storms around the country.    Accuweather is a joke, the Weatherbug is full of glitches and can only be gotten on one of our sets.   (All of the widgets are a joke, but this one is downright terrible.)

I want to keep my phone and internet, but I'll be switching to Comcast or Direct TV if I decide to keep cable.  I checked with customer service and can keep the phone/internet bundle without an early termination fee.

0 Likes