Re: The Weather Channel
Janet3735
Enthusiast - Level 1
My husband, who is not tech savvy, misses TWC. He prefers to check the TV for weather updates since he does not own a smartphone and only occasionally picks up the iPad. If Verizon had polled its users, the company might have realized that its most loyal customers are older and not as likely to be getting content from the web. Accuweather is a poor substitute for TWC. We are likely to return to Comcast when our contract expires over this one issue.
Weather Channel or GOODBYE VERIZON!
GriddyBXV
Enthusiast - Level 1

We switched to Verizon several years ago because our previous provider had dropped key programming. Guess its time to switch again.

Re: Accuweather VS The Weather Channel
qazwsx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring Back the weather channel! ACCU weather STINKS!!! Hey verizon we pay!

Weather Channel Discontinuation
deckej
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to express my EXTREME displeasure with the discontinuation of the weather channel.  There are many people that prefer the accuracy of their forecasts AND the other entertaining programs on the channel.  I don't want to hear that people get their weather on the phone.....yes, on-the-go....but many do not.  It Pittsburgh in particular we have a significant number of older people who prefer to get weather from TV and do not have "smart phones"

grumpyoldlady
Enthusiast - Level 1

No surprise, but Verizon is not allowing me to give kudos to those who have complained about dropping TWC from its lineup.  Maybe is is time to switch to another service. Clearly Verizon isn't interested in customer opinions.

Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

@gumby7448 wrote:

Myself as well!  Two weeks and outta here!  Which service is best to go to?

Gumby

They all stink. Nothing will change unless Congress changes the laws, to favor the consumers, and not the companies. We need a USER BILL OF RIGHTS.

Cappy11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verzion bring back the local weather channel and TWC.  Have some respect for your loyal customers!!  In this day and age where our weather is changing from the norm at a rapid pace it is vital for us to be well informed by TWC and have the ability to see the local weather with radar features in what is approaching us!  Accuweather is a joke!

You have a lot of unhappy customers nationwide who are angry enough to switch their services!

Re: The Weather Channel Where's It all Go
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone out there tell me where does all this money go. I pay nearly $300.00 a month for their triple play. And I'm watching more Commercials then ever before. CNN is a joke, 2 min of news then 4 min of commercials and Verizon actively looks for advertisers, but they can't afford the Weather Channel. Maybe stop paying obscene bonuses and dump some of the dead weight on top, starting with the **bleep** who came up with the idea to drop TWC.

Weather channel and "Prospectors"
Prospectors

The new accuWeather does NOT hold a candle to the Weather channel! Where is our local weather on the 8's and Jim Cantori AND Prospectors? This change might be a good economic thing for FIOS but it has sure left some of us in the dust!!
Please give it back!
Thank you
{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
sydneycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only reason that Verizon is in business is because of us customers.  Bring back The Weather Channel as there will be a major exodus of Verizon subscribers.  Then what will Verizon do ????

0 Likes