Re: The Weather Channel
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Some of the Accuweather forecasts run hours behind. Was watching last night and was getting afternoon forecasts... total joke....
Re: Accuweather Improvements
Nukeman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bring back The Weather channel.

Accuweather is grossly inaccurate for our area diosplaying completely different and incorrect forcast compaired to our local TV station forcast.

, Does not show hour by hour on the widget (not more then One hour total)

Will not save the zip codes/cities for future use.

Another giant step backwards for Verizon

GSF1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are very disappointed that Verizon decided to drop The Weather Channel!  It is one of our favorite channels to watch.  We enjoy the amazing stories, series and information covered on and produced by The Weather Channel. The coverage of local and national weather and the tracking of storms is essential!  The Weather Channel team is funny, entertaining and professional.

Accuweather is a horrible replacement and doesn't cover local weather at all!  When we first turned on channel 119 SD on Tuesday, March 10, 2015, we thought it was a glitch that we weren't receiving the local weather reports.  The display, colors and format that Accuweather uses are also extremely harsh to view.  We checked on 619 HD and the broadcast was exactly the same--unpleasant, ugly, cheap-looking and only showing national weather.  The Weather Channel showed local weather on the 8s on 119 SD and national weather on 619 HD.  Now we have nothing!!!!!  Every morning our kids have become accustomed to asking us what the weather would be for the day, so that they could plan their clothing.  Since Tuesday, we have had to anwer that we didn't know yet while reaching to get our other devices to go online to find out this information. 

This is an atrocity and an unacceptable disregard for Verizon customers.  We are horrified that Verizon did not take the time to communicate with or survery their customers and preferences before dropping The Weather Channel.  To date, we still have not received any communications from Verizon.  We also contacted Verizon Customer Service to inquire about this issue and to register a complaint.  The representative stated that Verizon employees were also unaware that this change was coming beforehand, and that they had received numerous complaints.

Unfortunately, we will start looking at other cable providers in our area.

Re: Accuweather Improvements
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not opposed to AccuWeather. Actual 24 hour weather makes sense. Having more than one choice makes sense.  But why get rid of the "standard" when the alternative is currently sub-par.  I hope AccuWeather does well.  But, it is currently NOT a substitute for TWC.

NOW is the time to bring back The Weather Channel.  FIOS can certainly support to channels on the subject of weather.

0 Likes
RonBinLynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with all the other customers who lost something we all found valuable. The AccuWeather Network and WeatherBug are the next closest thing to useless.

Didn't anyone at Verizon ask the customers what they wanted? If Verizon dropped these channels to save money, when will we see our cable bills decrease to reflect those savings?

I wonder if Comcast still has what I want. I get a mailing from them at least weekly, but never bothered to look into it. Maybe it's time.

Majorpanic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree completely.  The Weather Channel was great.  Accuweather is lame.  It insults me that FIOS management tries to tell me that the two are comparable.

I pay a fortune to FIOS each month for the top HD TV package, a bunch of premium channels, and blistering internet speed.  I want that package to include The Weather Channel.

I'll be watching for The Weather Channel to be back in the lineup - SOON, and I won't tolerate a $0.50 increase in my monthly cost.  In the meantime, I'll be looking for other carriers.

It {word filter avoidance} me off when companies think their customers are **bleep**.

Chris I.

Clearwater, FL

Majorpanic
Enthusiast - Level 2

"bleep" = Id1ots

0 Likes
JoeB4D
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with all the comments about Accu-Weather it SUCKS.  How do we go about letting Verizon know that we want the Weather Channel back?

WHY was the Weather channel dropped ??
etq2000

It may seem like a SMALL ITEM, BUT THE WEATHER IS AN IMPORTANT TOPIC OF OUR DAILY LIVES.TtHE CHANNEl 49 feature was greatly appeciated and is sorely missed.

0 Likes
Weather Channel
JoeB4D
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do go about bringing the Weather Channel back?  Accu-Weather SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes