Re: The Weather Channel
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

I will admit that Weatherscan was useful.

Like right now:

According to TV Guide: Currently showing on TWC is Why Planes crash for at least the next couple of hours.

And if memory serves me correctly, they didn't always have weather on the 8s during this type of shows.

But I can tune over to Accuweather and get weather in no more than 15 minutes.

Accuweather channel is very new. They have stated that they will be improving the product (chicken and egg: can't spend a lot of money until you have customers but customers wnat a highly polished product from day 1).

Keep in mind that Accuweather has been in business for over 50 years. They certainly know about weather.

Lots of people are concerned about coverage during a significant weather event.

Lets wait and see how they perform on the first one and then judge vs assuming they will fail.

I certainly don't need to see someone standing out in the severe weeather to believe it is happening.
The weather should be the focus of the story not the people reporting it.

CRob

Lets see, past quote, Accu-weather  "MAY Just Have what we need" Key word is may, are you willing to bet your safety and that of your family on a MAYBE. I'm not!! And now you state Keep in mind  Accu-weather has been in business for over 50 years. Well if this dribble that they have is the best they can do after 50 years. It' just not a confidence builder. As for the addition programming TWC has added, SO WHAT, No channel is ever going to survive on just weather. Plus add the fact that in  times of extreme weather TWC does not hesitate to preempt these shows for constant live weather coverage. I guess Verizon will drop CNN then because they added Forensic Files and Anthony Bordain.

silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Its unreal that people count on TWC for an excuse for there familys safety I mean really? People cant take care of there family in a storm and dont have the knowledge to look other places for weather like the news, internet, other weather channels and some say Verizon doesnt care for our familys safety COME ON PEOPLE GET REAL look out for your familys safety and not rely on a tv channel to tell you to LOOK OUT THERES A STORM COMING.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I, for one, rarely used TWC as I didn't find it very useful.

I did use Weatherscan at times.

But I am one of those that have a smart phone as well as Internet access (which I think more people have than admit to being able to use in these posts).

I understand how Verizon has to make decisions (cable providers aren't run by democracy) based on finances.
They had a choice to keep TWC and ultimately raise rates as content charges continue to rise or go with a cheaper option. Either one could cause customers to leave.

And given the fact taht TWC ratings have dropped 20% over the past few years, I can understand the option to go with a cheaper option.

I also know that Accuweather has been in business for over 50 years and in the TV weather business fora number of years, they have what I want, weather.

I believe I am part of group (mainly silent) that won't miss TWC,

I do see where some are upset with the loss.

We each have content we like and can live without.

Not applicable

From The Weather Channel:

Q:
Why did Verizon FiOS decide to drop The Weather Channel, WeatherScan and its bundle of products?
A:
Providers like Verizon FiOS negotiate with networks like The Weather Channel to carry our content to customers as part of their package. Our contract with Verizon FiOS expired on Tuesday, March 10, while we sought to amicably resolve the negotiations. In the end, we offered Verizon FiOS our bundle of services at a lower price than the previous contract. They were unresponsive to our offer and surprised us and their customers by unexpectedly dropping The Weather Channel, WeatherScan, Weather Channel On Demand and The Weather Channel weather widget from their offering. Along with our fans impacted by this decision, we are urging Verizon FiOS to reconsider and bring back The Weather Channel and our complimentary services.

They offered Verizon TWC services AT A LOWER PRICE THAN BEFORE - REALLY VERIZON!!  Who is in charge?   Just when I thought I could not be more outraged at this decision.

Bring back TWC, WeatherScan and its bundle of products!!
acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so very disappointed in Verizon.  I thought I had the best cable, internet, phone, etc.  I used to be very happy with Verizon.  I am now looking for other providers within the next month.   The Weather Channel is a mainstay and necessity in our lives.  I wish they would bring back this channel, very important to me and many others too.  I've read everyone's great comments and agree with you all.  Keep up the communication - we just have to bring this channel back!

sdg108
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG I am livid that they removed the weather channel!!! I am so tired of how big companies, corporations and people in power keep trying to push their views and ways on everyone. Its really sad that people have to conform to what everyone else does, even if they dont agree and think the same way. I love the weather channel! The stories and especially the music, its soo soothing and calm to me! I watch it everyday,all day, more than I watch the actual news!!!! This new Accuthing, is the worse and how they put it on us like oh here is something brand new and wayy better than TWC. Thats bull!!! Saying"today people get their weather in other ways...", but there are still people out here, that like the "regular" or "old" way of viewing the weather. This new accuthing doesnt even give you your local weather on the"8's". like seriously, I have to watch weather in every other city before they get to my city and by that time, I've turned the station, frustrated.

I couldnt believe they removed TWC and kept going back to the channel thinking there was some type of mistake because it was 1:28 and I didnt see my weather, nor here my music.. ugh,, so disguted. Not to mention the stories and the calm soothing music. You couldnt get no better than learning survival skills in the woods and on the "8's" see your local weather without having to change the channel. Or listening to the soothing sounds and see the weather everywhere and get your specific weather on the "8's", without having to change the channel.Im seriously thinking about switching too bc Im really feeling some type of way that TWC is gone, and like someone posted, they didnt even give us a vote! Just made the choice for us. Smdh, this is the beginning to alot of big things that people in power want to change and basically make others conform to their ways. I didnt know that watching the weather, on the weather channel was old fashioned or played out. So I guess having morals and values are played out and old fashioned too?!

BRING THE "8's" BACK!!!!!!

Bring The Weather Channel back!!
georgie129

Add my name to the thousands that want The Weather Channel back!!

0 Likes
sdg108
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW!!! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE, ITS ALWAYS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!

BRING BACK THE "8'S"!!!!

BTW, FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT CLICK THE KUDOS BUTTON! LOL

Weather Channel, BRING IT BACK
paulr50
Enthusiast - Level 1

We want the Weather  Channel brought back.  Accu Weather is not good.  WC had better entertainment and information, plus good  and understandable weather forcasts.  No more Accu weather.  Get rid of it or people  like e will leave.   Thank you,  

0 Likes
No Weather Channel, Discontinue Service
paulr50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon better get their act to gether real fast or we are concelling service.  You keep charging more and giving less.  I will go elsewhere in 30 days if not improved.

Here is my 30 day cancellation notice if you do not bring back the Weather Channel.