Re: The Weather Channel
Slam1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Weather Channel is critical to my staying with Verizon. Put it back right away!

BoydFamily
Enthusiast - Level 1
Please put The Weather Channel back on the channel lineup please! If we don't have access to The Weather Channel we will have to change providers!
aprilturt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me get this right, we get locked into a 2 year contract which we can not cancel without paying a penalty and verizon can change what we view at their discretion. Living on the water and being a boater the Weather Channel has been an important part of choosing a cable  company. Since AcuWeather has been on the reception on that channel is poor and the weather is so generic that it is worthless to me. I guess I am lucky because my two year contract just expired and I am free to shop for another company.

JimJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Customers hould continue contacting Verizon about this loss. In our community, there is a lot of discussion about the loss of Weather Channel 49. A lot of people relied upon it, and want it back. But it's not easy getting our disapproval to Verizon. We have neighbors ready to quit Verizon and go to Comcast over this specific action. Verizon -- listen up!!!!!

The Weather Channel
Harris8
Enthusiast - Level 1
We want the Weather Channel back! There is nothing like it. This is the station we watch first thing in the AM every day.
rlavach
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any meaninful way to express our complaints to Verizon. We all know they don't read these forums. They don't seem to respond on Facebook or Twitter either. There are no emails to send complaints to. If you call, you never get a person & I doubt they actually do write your complaint anywhere. What are we supposed to do!?

jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rlavach wrote:

Is there any meaninful way to express our complaints to Verizon. We all know they don't read these forums. They don't seem to respond on Facebook or Twitter either. There are no emails to send complaints to. If you call, you never get a person & I doubt they actually do write your complaint anywhere. What are we supposed to do!?

What you need to do is call 1-800-VERIZON and get through the first part of the menus.  Then say "Agent".  That will put you in the queue to talk to a human being who will take your complaints.  I have done it and let them know my displeasure. The person I talked to was very attentive and respectful.  They took my complaint and said it would be forwarded to the proper folks.  You could also go to the support web page and do a live chat session. I did that as well to voice my displeasure.  The person at the other end of the chat said that my comments would be forwarded to the proper department.

I hope this helps.

Call VERIZON now and demand the Weather Channel.

The Weather Channel
Astcrw28
Enthusiast - Level 1
I would like to know if there has been any progress on bringing back The Weather Channel? I would like to know so I know whether or not I should start looking for a new service should you not bring it back!
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this interesting information from http://www.keeptheweatherchannel.com.  It should amaze you.

Q: WHY DID VERIZON FIOS DECIDE TO DROP THE WEATHER CHANNEL, WEATHERSCAN AND ITS BUNDLE OF PRODUCTS?

A: Providers like Verizon FiOS negotiate with networks like The Weather Channel to carry our content to customers as part of their package. Our contract with Verizon FiOS expired on Tuesday, March 10, while we sought to amicably resolve the negotiations. In the end, we offered Verizon FiOS our bundle of services at a lower price than the previous contract. They were unresponsive to our offer and surprised us and their customers by unexpectedly dropping The Weather Channel, WeatherScan, Weather Channel On Demand and The Weather Channel weather widget from their offering. Along with our fans impacted by this decision, we are urging Verizon FiOS to reconsider and bring back The Weather Channel and our complimentary services.

So, in the end, TWC offers a lower price and VERIZON says "NO".  I think that speaks volumes.  They do NOT care about their customers (including myself who has been with VERIZON for the last 12 years).  From everything I have read, VERIZON has a vested interest in AccuWeather TV and they want NOTHING to get in the way of that venture.  They couldn't use the excuse that TWC was just too expensive because TWC REDUCED their rates.  So, they just dumped TWC and gave their customer base a LAME excuse.

I hope VERIZON will see the backlash and change their minds.  BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!

Jeffbklyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel is a required service for me to be a subscriber.  I just newed my service with Verizon for 2 years and you remove TWC?  That is not fair.  The Accuweather is absolutely no replacement for TWC.  If TWC is not returned by April 15th I will leave Verizon for Time Warner for both my home and business accounts.