Re: The Weather Channel
Bri2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no substitute for the Weather Channel. By unilaterally dropping TWC and its related Weather Scan from the service we pay for, Verizon displays an utter contempt for its customers. TWC is an incredibly valued and beloved channel. They do excellent work, and during times of weather emergencies TWC is potentially life saving. 

Re: Why The Weather Channel was dumped
JayDidion
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are so disappointed in you, Verizon, as a cable provider. There is a letter and a spirit to law, and, even if you incorporate fine print about altering channel line-ups, you have violated the spirit of the law by summarily and without warning dropping an essential basic channel that has long been a cornerstone of the cable contracts we sign. We will also be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about your customer service practices, including locking people into contracts and then taking away a quality basic cable channel and substituting a far inferior product, and with no offer of compensation.

In addition, from a human standpoint, The Weather Channel provides top-notch meteorology and detailed live coverage of life-threatening weather events, including increasingly frequent multi-state tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards. This service, for which we pay a good deal of money, saves lives. We will cancel Verizon cable to secure TWC elsewhere to help ensure the safety of our family, and that of many friends and family across the country. Do you really want loss of life, or even the appearance of disregard for human life, on your corporate conscience?

Pwheels
Enthusiast - Level 1

We want The Weather Channel!!!! Verizon your customers are not happy. What happens when your customers are not happy and they have other choices? They will most certainley drop you. We pay you a lot of money......so I think you should listen. .

acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know Comcast and most other companies will pay your ETFs.

0 Likes
paul601

The Weather Channel is of better quality and character than the  Accuweather channel which verizon replaced it with. You don't get the local weather (Local on the 8's) and other formats that I feel are helpful. I am one of many who will be looking to change providers if Verizon decides not to bring back The Weather Channel soon.

0 Likes
Weather Channel
bongo3

It's outrageous that Verizon dropped the Weather Channel and replaced it with non experts reading the temperature in various places.  And sending an email saying we don't need it anyway!  Bring back the Weather Channel instantly.  I don't see how this will inform us in big storms, let us know what weather systems affect the country, and other expert information we get from the weather channel.. I am not impressed with these weather teleprompter readers darting in and out of the screen.  Shame on you Verizon!

0 Likes
Nick881
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon got this one wrong.  In this age, many people get information from multiple sources. I do. Sure, I get forecasts from other sources but they are local and only good for a day or so ahead. I have used The Weather Channel (TWC) for years to get the context of future weather movements so I had a sense of the uncertainties and the overall picture which I could use for travel and activity planning.  I also got weather related news and images from TWC that were not carried elsewhere.

What Verizon published as its rationale makes little sense for replacing TWC with AccuWeather. Their argument is condescending and duplicitous. After all, they have put an inferior, lame, weather forecast product on the air in place of TWC. And they did this because people have other sources for weather forecasts?

Actually, this will certainly make me go to other weather forecast sources – like The Weather Channel on the Internet. It will not be nearly as good there but it will be far better than AccuWeather. I will bet nobody watches that thing…

Other TV providers and streaming video just became much more attractive!

Weather Channel
danalissa7

We are very unhappy with Verizon for taking the Weather Channel off its line up!  If our contract was up we would have changed services immediately.  As it is, we are considering changing anyway.  The excuse that everyone gets weather other places anyway is just crazy!  Why not just drop the sports channels because people can just go to the games!?!  The reasoning seems just about as ridiculous.

Maybe everyone doesn't watch it, but everyone doesn't watch all the other channels either.  We pay for dozens of channels that we never watch, but we literally watched the weather channel everyday.  How are we supposed to stay informed when there is a big storm coming?  We certainly won't be able to do it with accuweather.  That channel is just about the biggest joke I have every seen and EXTREMELY annoying.  I am rarely available at the traditional news hour so I can't get my weather there either.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the weather channel.  We are paying for it after all.  It was part of our original plan and it certainly was not replaced with something of similar quality.

0 Likes
Chooch3

How Dare you Verizon, you just go and delete The Weather Chanel.I have been watching this since 1982 yes when it first started, like before you were even here.  I am sooooo disgusted with this that if it does not return I  will NOT return as a Verizon customer when my contract expires. I hope all Verizon customers follow suit who took a liking to TWC.   Seems like now Verizon is becoming like cable, shame i thought that would never happen.   Go people stand up and voice your grief to them.  

0 Likes
BobbyRyan1

I get an email from Verizon and it says "Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network...."

Pleased???   PLEASED???  What, are they out of their minds?  There's no way they could actually believe that load of crap that they're shoving us!  I have to sit there and watch as they slowly scroll through the current conditions of 30 different cities!  I'm better off if I hit 'record' and come back later and fast forward until they get to Providence. Unfortunately we signed up for a 2 year agreement 5 months ago. My wife wants to call Cox and see if they have a special deal that they sometimes run with a VISA card for a couple hundred bucks which helps to compensate people for early termination of their current provider. We left Cox for Verizon because I thought they were the lesser of 2 evils. If Verizon doesn't get the Weather Channel back soon we will as many others have done jump ship!

0 Likes